Performance mods D40 Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you guys enjoying the thread so far?

• YES

Votes: 159 93.5%
  • NO

Votes: 11 6.5%

• Total voters
Here is my new mods to the stock air box. Got over cleaning the k&n Apollo with so many screws and always got dirty fast.. So I did some mods to the stock box and put a k&n panel filter in.. It's the same suction from intake as the pod there is no difference except that engine light has gone. Had the Apollo for about 2 years with no dramas until this week it started throwing the Mafs sensor was getting 5v+ and getting engine light..

Attachments

• image-1770199137.jpg
    image-1770199137.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 222
  • image-840954048.jpg
    image-840954048.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 199
  • image-545516413.jpg
    image-545516413.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 190
  • image-2960900578.jpg
    image-2960900578.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 218
Did u try cleaning the maf sensor. Also what angle and width pipe is ur turbo to intake box. Doing that mod this weekend

So today I fitted my 25mm spacers to the nav and now it sits level its all within 10mm all round here is a few pics

did you ever have any dramas with the spacers ?
did you notice any loss of down travel?
how were they off road?

Ive been contemplating putting mine in but kinda wanted to put in extended ball joints to help with the lost down travel.

I remove that whole airbox piping crap that ran from the guard a while ago & it did make a fair difference to spool time.
Im planing to run some flexi tube like you, but was thinking about going from the original hole lower down.
With the airbox open at the bottom, there is quite a lot of engine chugging noise coming back through at idle. When you plumbed yours up to the gaurd did it quieten down a bit?

did you ever have any dramas with the spacers ? did you notice any loss of down travel? how were they off road? Ive been contemplating putting mine in but kinda wanted to put in extended ball joints to help with the lost down travel.
no dramas mate on or off road, I run the aftermarket upper arms with them

I remove that whole airbox piping crap that ran from the guard a while ago & it did make a fair difference to spool time. Im planing to run some flexi tube like you, but was thinking about going from the original hole lower down. With the airbox open at the bottom, there is quite a lot of engine chugging noise coming back through at idle. When you plumbed yours up to the gaurd did it quieten down a bit?
no it's just as loud as the apollo and with induction you will always get that

Is that the ARB steel bar? What lights do you have installed, the standard ARB fog lights or aftermarket? I'm looking for some for mine. Just have the blanking plate ATM.

Is that the ARB steel bar? What lights do you have installed, the standard ARB fog lights or aftermarket? I'm looking for some for mine. Just have the blanking plate ATM.

Nah but it's genuine nissan alloy painted black which I have now sold and will be fitting the xrox bar this weekend!

Great help for a lot of us

Fantastic pictures and explanations for those of us less mechanically brilliant. Have been thinking of a catch can and boost gauge for a while, but thought it was a lot more difficult, and have been too stingy to pay someone to do it. Great job, keep it up.

Fantastic pictures and explanations for those of us less mechanically brilliant. Have been thinking of a catch can and boost gauge for a while, but thought it was a lot more difficult, and have been too stingy to pay someone to do it. Great job, keep it up.

No worries mate glad to be of help :)

Back