Performance mods D40 Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you guys enjoying the thread so far?

• YES

Votes: 159 93.5%
  • NO

Votes: 11 6.5%

• Total voters
The chrome rear steps are friggin ugly. Best thing i did was ditch mine. Big bulky things. Plus i hate chrome

Yeh I think it looks quite mean from the back now, but I'm still getting used to not having it haha.. Had it on for 5 years now its just so different..

Yeah it definantly takes a few days but then it looks sweet. Only problem is, the bottom of the rear quarters have no protection now off road.

I will be going to an exhaust shop who have the option of doing mandrel bends and getting something made up on the rear.. I'm looking at something like this pic... But in steel and painted black but still want to change it up to protect the quarter panels.. Just not sure yet as I want to incorporate it into my tow bar..

Attachments

• image-375753427.jpg
    image-375753427.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 321
I reckon you are better off with a tube bar. Check out www.mcc4x4.com and look at the rear jack bars. It's a great looking bar and provides side protection, towbar and recovery points. And they come in black / unpainted for $890.

Hi 4byfor awesome thread, I'm fairly new to this site but just wondering in some of your earlier pics are your headlights eBay issue and if so how do you find them at night.

Hi 4byfor awesome thread, I'm fairly new to this site but just wondering in some of your earlier pics are your headlights eBay issue and if so how do you find them at night.

Thanks! Mate I got these before the CCFL ones came out.. They are really good man I can't complain really, I did convert them into HID tho H1 globes and its better but not by much.. Other then that for 250$ there good mate

Yeah cheers for that have been looking at the ones on eBay anything would have to be better than the ones I have (might as well have a couple of candles be better)

Ok so I did a little modification to the beaver bar I put in.. I used some aluminum angle and screwed it off on the sides of the tub and moved the bar up almost flush with the back end with 15mm gap between tailgate.. I think it looks a lot better might be a nice mod for others instead of having it recessed in so much here's a few pics

PS. If you do this the tailgate does touch the beaver bar but it only bends the middle of it in.. Doesn't bother me too much haven't scratched anything so it's ok

Attachments

• image-2990982598.jpg
    image-2990982598.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 612
  • image-1130365935.jpg
    image-1130365935.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 549
  • image-417191900.jpg
    image-417191900.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 570
Last edited:
Ok so first up, installing a boost gauge. I purchased an Autometer boost only gauge and tee-ed into the factory boost sensor thats found after the intercooler (coolside) as per this image
013.jpg

You will need about 2 meters of rubber or silicon hose (which ever you prefer to use) and a 4mm tee-peice so that you can tap into that line and take it up along the battery side of the engine bay and behind the ecu where there is a hole in the firewall where all the ecu wires go through.. This job is quite hard to do but if you get a metal coat hanger from the inside above the accelerator pedal and push it through its much easier.. I then took it behind the climate control area and dropped it down to my center console
006.jpg

as you can see in this picture, you can mount it anywhere you like I just dont like gauges up high.. and I also used the climate control power supply to wire in the light that's in the gauge which works off ignition switch :)

Hey mate enjoying your build, awesome work. Curious what boost does your car run? Reason I ask I brough a boost gauge but it only goes up to 20pound & have been reading various posts where people say they are getting 15-18 pound & other people saying there getting 22+ would hate to fit it all in and it not be compatable with my car. Cheers

Hey mate enjoying your build, awesome work. Curious what boost does your car run? Reason I ask I brough a boost gauge but it only goes up to 20pound & have been reading various posts where people say they are getting 15-18 pound & other people saying there getting 22+ would hate to fit it all in and it not be compatable with my car. Cheers

Hey buddy thanks, I'm currently sitting on 18psi and can't wait to see that go up after the tune! But yeh mine is sitting on 18psi with all the mods so far.. It's a very tight gauge you got there for a diesel ( we all like it tight ) lol but in saying that I suppose you can install it all then if its pushing 20psi you would only have to swap the gauge over but if you can rerun it now and swap it or refund I would say do that..

Latest posts

Back