Perth Roll Call!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol yeah, i did the mods and now they fit up perfectly haha

even bought myself a spare off ebay today, brand new and unused for $50! WIN!

i REALLY wanna test them out at mundy soon, with lots of mud :p

of course you're welcome to join us!

we all have to learn somehow, and my first 4wd trip ended up being mundaring in a 2wd ute, LOL

dont know how many 'active' perth members there are on this site, but theres a fair few of us, and we just had a whole bunch of new people join the perth area this week so yeah.

but yeah, feel free to come along and learn the do's and dont's when 4wding, but generally the main thing is common sense; if it looks like you cant do it or that it'll wreck your car, then dont do it.

test out the capabilities of your car now and then once you see what areas are lacking, its time to UPGRADE!

Yeah mate all welcome, probably not free for about 2or3 weeks. Started new job last week and is pretty hectic atm. If u guys plan anything I'll try my best to make it. Wouldn't mind some sliders first tho :)

haha, you're not the only one with a new job! i started last week to doing residential building work, only around 4 hours a day and on week days, but i'm happy with nearly a grand a week.

2 or 3 weeks? that should be alright, hopefully we get rain and i'll see if i can get some of the others to also go

who's been promoting the navara club in perth? bloody a shit load of new perth members, lol

welcome aboard mate, and enjoy your stay at this great and friendly site, and hope to see you on the old beaten track some day soon, cough mundaring cough, lol

Hey all,

2010 Silver (it's all the rage nowadays) D22 ST-R here, look forward to seeing some of you on the roads.

I'm pretty new to 4x4ing, can anyone recommend a good course to show the ropes?

i cant recommend any 4wd courses (i've considered doing one, but the price put me off as i'm only a student).

i learnt from going out with other 4wd'ers, asking plenty of Q's, and finding out what your car can and can't do by simply attempting things.

the main thing is to not be afraid to ask how to do things; everyone here is willing to help if you need it, so just ask.

if you want a good course that has a mix of hard and easy (where you can choose whether you want to take the easy or hard tracks), then join us at the next mundaring meeting which shouldnt be too far away.

if you want something a bit tamer, then i can recommend lancelin dunes. good fun, but go with an experienced mate or two as no one wants to get bogged by themselves haha. it can be all good fun if you're sensible, but can end badly if you go flying over the dunes and dont watch out for other vehicles. dont go attempting steep dune declines without being shown and told how to, and if you dont reckon it looks like a good idea, then simply dont do it.

4wding...its mainly about common sense and knowing your limits and your cars limits.

get out there and have fun!

Im in for any weekend, just give me a few days notice to...clear my diary... lol
also told a couple of D40 owners i work with about going on treks with you guys and they're keen as.... How muddy does it get there BTW? cos we're only sporting AT's.....

Im in for any weekend, just give me a few days notice to...clear my diary... lol
also told a couple of D40 owners i work with about going on treks with you guys and they're keen as.... How muddy does it get there BTW? cos we're only sporting AT's.....

when we went after the big perth storm it was not really muddy at all, only a few puddles around wheel deep, if that, across some areas.

all terrains will be fine, when i first took my nav i managed to get water up to the windscreen for few moments, shat bricks though as i didnt have a snorkel fitted and it was lacking a front diff, LMAO

but yeah, it all depends on the line you want to pick...let your tyres down to around 20psi and off you go!

though in the real wet months, i'm sure all terrains would be fine, muddies prefered, but then again its still the choice of going through the huge puddles and risking it or just going around.

Yep i only have AT's as well, how deep are the water crossings?

varies really.

deepest i've seen it was in october last year and that was just above the wheels.

heres a few vids:

late may 2008
YouTube - Suzuki Sierra Water Crossing Mundaring Powerlines Perth

YouTube - Subaru Forester - Drowning at Mundaring Power Lines

just remember you can go around all this though, so theres nothing really to worry about, but if you do try it and get stuck then dont worry, we'll be quick to pull you out haha

I'm down for a powerlines run, a few mates recommend it, but I'd never go it alone. If you guys come up with a date, and wouldn't mind helping a stranger learn, I'd love to come along.

I'm down for a powerlines run, a few mates recommend it, but I'd never go it alone. If you guys come up with a date, and wouldn't mind helping a stranger learn, I'd love to come along.

don't worry your in the same boat as me..... never been and dont know anyone... it all good fun (we hope) heh.

Back