Perth Roll Call!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI boys. Powerline track tomorrow. It's been raining a fair bit, so it's gonna be wetter than last time. Can't wait!!

Hey guys.

Did the powerlines on wednesday. It was as wet and sloppy as last time, and that made some of the obstacles a little easier to cross. I really hope it pours with rain out there for a week.

Any one else in Perth heading out and about? I should be out a lot more often now as my mate finally managed to buy a 4wd, he got a pootrol so I guess my snatch strap will be pulling him out soon. Just helping him buy his lift and tyres/rims and do egr mod and anti-hand grenade kit.

Keep us updated on ur plans. My mate is talking about dwellingup and his next off-swing in a coupla weeks. Il be up at Lancelin til Wednesday but il check in if I can get reception.

I'm heading up to grey this weekend , gonna camp on the beach and do some fishing and 4x4. 2 navs and a patrol going so far , if anyone's keen

I am not going up Lancelin way sooo soon, I just got home from there this arvo. Rolled one of our cars on it's side yesterday. Winched it back over without any damage.

Powerlines still on? I'm still waiting to hear what my mate is doing....another mate got his pootrol last week and is keen to test it out too.

Well grey wasnt the best trip, bad weather, had a moment on the beach where the nav went into limp home mode, luckily on an out going tide. Got it back up and running pretty easily, the main dampener on the weekend was the seaweed, it was everywhere, fishing was impossible. Managed a few Sharks on the handline, stopped in at wilbinga on the way home about 10 on Sunday . Weed was there as well! Anyone have any strategies to get around it?

Might head back out this weekend and try some ballooning, hopefully with the easterlys we have been having might blow some l the weed back out and should be good to get balloons out as well

Might head back out this weekend and try some ballooning, hopefully with the easterlys we have been having might blow some l the weed back out and should be good to get balloons out as well

You heading out to the Powerlines this weekend? I was actually thinking heading up on Sunday however ive heard that they have smoothed over some sections of the track.

Dunkly - I've tried fishing at Lancelin, it's not much fun with the weed. We fished in summer so we waded into the water nearly chest deep and cast over the swell and weed. Then walked back so we were waist deep. Good luck with that.

Aus_Karlos - The powerlines chicken track has been smoothed over. You don't need a 4wd to do that. The actual obstacles along the track are just as hard as ever, especially if you catch it after some decent rain. Never underestimate the powerline track obstacles.....post some pics when your done mate.

Hey guys and girls my name is Tom i am living and working in the Wembley Subi area I'm driving a almost black on white (not sports bar yet) D22 nav so wave if you see me . I am always keen for a trip anywhere ! I'm hopefully heading to the captain fawcett track soon ish

Hey guys

just letting you know theres a new WA based offroad community. We organise frequent trips and have had DIY days where we help each other out with our rigs. As we get more and more members it getts better and better, so get on board!

www.offroadwa.com

Any Perth boys or girls been out on the tracks lately? I've been away with work, are the tracks still wet? Or all dried up? Anyone hit the powerlines? Anyone ever heard of the supposed 4wd park up near Geraldton?!? Super keen to get out there, somewhere.

Geraldton is most likely murchison 4wd park. I have only been to two rocks, ledge point, pippidinning and white hills lately. most of the beach tracks are in good condition.

Murchison 4wd park. Il have to sus it out. Is there camping facilities there?

Are any of the other places you mentioned good challenging 4wding spots? Or just beach driving? I'm not a massive fan of the sand, grew up in Vic, I like the mud and rocks and slop and steep gradients. Sorts like at the powerlines.

Nah they are all beaches, apart from the odd rutted sand dune there isn't much challenging 4wding. Try dwellingup, harvey or collie if you are looking for mud.
www.4x4earth.com.au
This is where I go to find new tracks and GPS coordinates.
The power line track to york is a good one, less well known than the famous "Powerlines" but still has a lot of challenging elements

Latest posts

Back