Perth Roll Call!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know of any 4wd engineering shops NOR, 2014 is the year for SAS and I want to search around for info on how to go about it.

Brett

You're gonna try and get SASed in WA? Good luck. Il keep an eye out for any places. Keep us all updated.

I was reading the WA roads info the other day. Not sure if its different to other states, but the amount of mumbo jumbo on there is crazy. I was planning on getting a 2inch body lift and have it engineered and recognised and approved by WA transport, but it seems like a lot of effort. So il probably get the body lift and just run the risk of being yellow stickered. Seems like that's the way everyone else has gone too.

So I can only imagine the SAS mods would involve the same amount of approval? Hence me saying Good Luck! Interested to see how you go about the swap.

I was reading the WA roads info the other day. Not sure if its different to other states, but the amount of mumbo jumbo on there is crazy. I was planning on getting a 2inch body lift and have it engineered and recognised and approved by WA transport, but it seems like a lot of effort. So il probably get the body lift and just run the risk of being yellow stickered. Seems like that's the way everyone else has gone too.

So I can only imagine the SAS mods would involve the same amount of approval? Hence me saying Good Luck! Interested to see how you go about the swap.

Yeh I have no doubt in my mind it won't be easy at all but just wanting to get some info and go see some engineering places to get an idea on what I have to do, I know with body lift ECT you need to apply for pre-approval then install it and take it to an engineer.

Brett

For engineering in wa ring rod mcconkey of rocket engineering.
I havnt met him or had any dealings but from the one phonecall I did have, he told me what I wanted to hear,which was 3 inch susp lift 2 inch body and 32s would be quite ok to engineer. He does the lane change tests with you and provides help with the pits, whatever that means. At least that's what was said 18 odd months ago.

My uncle used to be a registered automotive engineer. too bad he retired 10 years ago he would have signed off almost anything within a heartbeat

Hi guys, Just moved over from the East (again) and was wondering if someone out there knows where i can get an imobiliser that will also work with a timer so that i can pass inspection. Thanks Macca ( and traveling to get it does not worry me just want the right product)

I've got a Cyclops one of some description in mine. Not sure which one as the dealer fitted it for immobiliser and remote locking when we bought the car, but it works fine with a turbo timer as I have one of them too, still locks properly with the remote while the timer is running.

Malz usually has cheapish ones in their catalogues that have alarms and stuff too, maybe check them out

Anyone in Perth in the market for a boat? Me and the missus are trying to get some coin together for a house deposit, so she has to go. (The boat, not the missus. Haha)

Basic info - 6.4M fibreglass. Half cabin. 200hp Mercury with only 400 hours. Cruises to Rottnest no worries. Pulls 2 skiers/wake boarders easy.
$20000 neg.

If your interested then il give you all the specs.

Pretty quiet Perth. What's been happening? Has anyone head out since the rain finally started?

Getting work is slow. My missus works for Kentz who is supposed to be helping me out, that was 2.5 months ago. I've got a mate working in Newman who is now gonna try for me too. Im glad I don't have any medicals at the moment as my back is out, it's been going on for like 3 weeks now. I would have been out on the tracks getting some mud if I was good to go.

Gonna head to the power lines today, not too keen on spending 4hrs cleaning the nav though

Oh nice. Hopefully there's some water in the holes now. It makes the day more interesting spinning wheels up a hill, wondering if you will make it, instead of just rolling up no worries in the dry.

Let us know how muddy it is. Il probably check out Julimar next

Latest posts

Back