Perth Roll Call!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im actually lucky i didn't go,I was tightening all of the suspension, body mount and bulbar bolts today in preparation for my trip and found that out of the 4 bolts that hold the ball joint to the upper UCA (I have calmini ones), one was missing and the other 3 were only hanging on a by a few turns.

It would have certainly come apart if I went 4 wheeling on the weekend and would have been very $$$ to fix. I ended up replacing all 4 bolts with new ones from buntings, only cost me $5 but could have been a lot worse!!!!

Im actually lucky i didn't go,I was tightening all of the suspension, body mount and bulbar bolts today in preparation for my trip and found that out of the 4 bolts that hold the ball joint to the upper UCA (I have calmini ones), one was missing and the other 3 were only hanging on a by a few turns.

It would have certainly come apart if I went 4 wheeling on the weekend and would have been very $$$ to fix. I ended up replacing all 4 bolts with new ones from buntings, only cost me $5 but could have been a lot worse!!!!

I will have to check mine when im home, Lucky you caught it early.

Brett

Yeh that could have been a bigger ouch. I was under mine a week ago looking for a strange noise when I brake. Ended up being 4 bolts holding the front diff mount in place.

Yeh that could have been a bigger ouch. I was under mine a week ago looking for a strange noise when I brake. Ended up being 4 bolts holding the front diff mount in place.

Yeah right, must be time to upgrade I think, D22 was never designed to be hard off roader, pretty keen on a 01 - 03 pootrol Ute.

Brett

Maybe, maybe not. I know I had those bolts out to do the front diff Lokka, so maybe I didn't torque them up enough. And dilmahs UCAs are obviously aftermarket, so maybe those bolts weren't done up right either.

But i suppose - North = $$$$ = buy what ever the fark you want!!! Haha

I can assure you they they are done up very tight now, got a 2 foot pipe on the socket set and I used High tensile bolts.

Yeh that's the ticket. I had done mine with the rattle gun, but maybe I'd finished the tightening with the air tank a little low in pressure.

Thinking of heading down to Harvey just before easter, would anyone be keen?
I have GPS coordinates for some spots

Hi Dilmah

I'm keen as to do Harvey but I’m down in Donnybrook this weekend (not 4x4ing just family friends) Let me know how you go and definitely let me know next time you go. It should start to get good down that way with more rain.

What dates are u looking at heading down? I've got a few things on, but it might slot in nicely.

G'day, I have an 03 D22 DX Duel Cab, From up in the eastern area, Greenmount hills. Got a banged up tub on the back with black bullbar and a reverse light under the tub w/out lens cover. It's all being replaced with a stray back at some point, got the tray at Corefllet in Welshpool, just waiting for them to get time to mount it (its from a a hilux of all things). Ill let ya no if i see ya round.

Im working Mon and Tues but have the next 3 days off. Thursday or Friday would suit me best

Il be heading away somewhere Friday to Sunday. The missus went all random this weekend and asked me if I wanted to go camping with her mate. So il jump on board with that option, not too often the missus will throw that out as an option for a long weekend.

Yeah I'm one of em. Just a Newby on here but my rig has 10k on it now and nearly ready to go with front and rear bar and rock sliders. Picking up the uhf tomorrow then snorkel and she is done.

Missus cancelled the long weekend away camping due to the bad weather earlier in the week. So now I'm looking at a day trip up to Julimar state forest on Easter Monday. My mate in his pootrol is supposed to be coming with me. Is anyone else Interested?

Anyone bored today or got no plans? Come to Julimar state forest. Come play in the mud. I'm on my way now.

Latest posts

Back