Perth Roll Call!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice. Shoulda dropped it off here. Lol. Where you thinking we should go? I'm kinds over the powerlines at the moment. I could show you the Julimar area. What ever really

Lots if rain at the moment and over the next few days!!! The tracks should start to turn a lot more interesting!! Hell yeh!!

So 4x4 ST-R and myself went to Julimar today after putting my front diff back in. The heavy rains we have had over the last 2 days had made the mud really soft. There were multiple recoveries throughout the day as we both became bogged in thick mud. towards the end of the day we managed to snap a snatch strap which was joined to another. 4x4 ST-R was extremely lucky the shackle only took out his checker plate skirting that his number plate was attached to. This mishap highlights the need to use a winch dampener when connecting snatch straps using a shackle. After this we decided to call it a day and headed home. Now comes the task of cleaning all of the mud off our Nav's.

Yep. Heaps of mud up there. We probably shouldn't have joined the snatch straps with a shackle. Should have looped them through each other instead. When the snatch strap broke the shackle then became a missile flying back at me. Lesson learnt. Still good fun though.

Attachments

• image-3353069983.jpg
    image-3353069983.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 60
  • image-817958739.jpg
    image-817958739.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 59
  • image-3755436222.jpg
    image-3755436222.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 55
  • image-1749067818.jpg
    image-1749067818.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 54
Hey guys,

Thought I'd say g'day seeing as I'm in Perth now for a bit.

Any recommendations for quality mechanics etc?

Flynny

Being my weekend off im keen to go out somewhere. Not to keen on powerlines or beach driving. Dwellingup or Collie would be good

I am after a decent diesel shop that can do major repairs. I still have ongoing issues with my engine which I believe are related to last years repairs from Sydney.

Need an honest no BS place that won't charge like wounded bulls basically. Any comments on Armidale 4wd I think it is?

On a 4wd note, where are the power lines and are they a good day run?

Thanks

If you tell us what area you are in we might be able to point you in the right direction. Power lines are out to the east off the highway in the hills on the way into perth. Its a very easy day trip, unless you break something, lol

power lines are off great eastern highway, most ppl go in via flynn road. if you are heading out of town (towards Kalgoorlie) flynn road is off to the right. look on 4x4 earth for a detailed map

Ok thanks guys, I am in the Melville area. I think I should be able to find Flynn Rd :)

Appreciate the pointers

As for Mechanics, I am in Booragoon / Mt Pleasant...

I always though the "Power Lines" where down in Harvey where I like to Mountain Bike.. Plenty of 4WD's go through there..

There is also a powerlines down in Harvey. I travelled on some of it, which doesn't really have anything on the Mundaring Powerlines.

Being my weekend off im keen to go out somewhere. Not to keen on powerlines or beach driving. Dwellingup or Collie would be good

I did the full loop of Dwello in summer. I can't see it being too difficult now either. Have you been on tracks there?

Latest posts

Back