Perth Roll Call!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
STR, I can be up there at 9.30 the earliest as I have to the Mrs off at work as for location to meet im easy if you have a regular meeting spot.

STR, I can be up there at 9.30 the earliest as I have to the Mrs off at work as for location to meet im easy if you have a regular meeting spot.

Yeh sweet. Lets say meet on Flynn Rd under the powerlines on the side of the track at 0930. Il head up a little earlier and grab a coffee in Mundaring first.

Anyone else not working and wanna come up??

I am after a decent diesel shop that can do major repairs. I still have ongoing issues with my engine which I believe are related to last years repairs from Sydney.

Need an honest no BS place that won't charge like wounded bulls basically. Any comments on Armidale 4wd I think it is?

On a 4wd note, where are the power lines and are they a good day run?

Thanks

I can't recommend anywhere for repairs. The hair on my chest makes me automatically my own mechanic at home for minor stuff and servicing. Lol. Luckily, and touch wood, I haven't had a need for major repairs in the 3 years I've had this Nav.

What's your exact problem? Or what did you have done that is now causing problems? Usually I google the shit out of my problems and a little bit of you tube and then help from the forum can generally get me all fixed up.

Can't make it boys as I have the front end off at the moment. Definitely next time, very keen.

The issue is it is leaking coolant around, from what I can tell, the thermostat housing. It seems to leak down both sides of the front of the cylinder block/head.

That makes me curious as last year a week or so before we left Sydney I took it in to Total 4WD in Seven Hills. The guys there were great and gave me a hand at no cost, but identified a loose bolt near the head (which had been replaced by Sydney Diesel Center in 2011). I took it back to SDC for the third time and it was stated that the wrong length bolt was used when they put it back together, almost eight months before that.
They then tried to charge me $600+ dollars and I told them I'm not paying it, to which they agreed.

So after driving it over to Perth I did my servicing and found that my coolant had dropped and was leaking.

I can only assume perhaps the bolt not being correct has caused a gasket near the water pump to fail but would like to have it checked and confirmed by a good mechanic as I will be following up reimbursement from SDC if it is the case.

That's my story in a nutshell anyway.

The issue is it is leaking coolant around, from what I can tell, the thermostat housing. It seems to leak down both sides of the front of the cylinder block/head.

I can only assume perhaps the bolt not being correct has caused a gasket near the water pump to fail but would like to have it checked and confirmed by a good mechanic as I will be following up reimbursement from SDC if it is the case.

That's my story in a nutshell anyway.

Thats pretty sucky, I suppose you would need a report or something from the workshop you decide to use, so you can make your claim. Would an actual Nissan service center be your best bet for this instance?

Went to the Powerlines today with D40 Daveo and a mate of mine. I got a few vids of the day, so il bundle them into a movie and post em up soon.

Even with all the rain last week, most of the track was still dry. Most of the wet areas were still only about half full, maybe they will fill more during winter. The bases of the wet areas were pretty solid still, and werent soft, slippery mud. They will also probably turn to slop once winter hits and more people head out.

D40 Daveos Nav really surprised me at how well it went. At the moment he has 2 inch suspension lift. The traction control function on the D40s is pretty awesome, id never known about it before today. The auto traction function pulled him through quite a few times, without having to flog his ute. He only busted a side step, which he then unbolted and removed.

My mate Trent came up for the day too, in his old Rodeo. No lift, no nothing. Stock as a rock. He made a lot of obstacles that we thought it would have no chance at doing. He used a lot more right boot than us, and also used his left foot on the brake as he would lose traction, acting the same as the D40 traction control, and that method works really well for the open diffs. Im surprised he didnt suck water up through his intake, as some of the water levels were pretty high on his low rider. He squashed his door sills and bent his 'roll bar/sports bar'.

My Nav went good. I managed to lose my spot light covers in the water somewhere, bounced my sunnies off my dash and out the window and then drove over them, have water get into the cab again (already had this happen on friday with Dilmah, lucky I still had the carpets out drying at home) I think a rubber bung or something must have popped cos it filled up so fast, and snapped/sheered off the hub selector thingy which put me into 3 wheel drive right at the end. In the vid you can see me bounce and land and hear a snappy pop sound, that must be it. Off to the wreckers tomorrow, no biggy. haha.

Saw BigKevs dad out there with his GQ Pootrol, getting videos taken by 4WD action for issue 204 dvd(approx). Its sitting on 37s and is farking unreal!!

Il try get the vid up soon, i know your all keen to see what you missed out on. haha

Hahaha, I could imagine taking it to Nissan.....

"Where's your airbox, where did the EGR pipe go, why have you modded the EGR, why is this swirl controller disconnected and on and on.."

Then charge 500 to tell me they can't do anything because it has non nissan mods and that's why it's faulty.

Basically will be happy to get this leak sorted and have the old girl running sweet again. Now I have the front end back on I will have time to check the problem out a bit more and get it pressure tested and see what they say.

Haha yeh. Have you tried running some cooling system sealer through your radiator? You know the stuff for cracked radiators? Might fix your gasket.

Only need 3 wheel drive if that's how many wheels you have on the ground! Haha

Attachments

• image-1645597978.jpg
    image-1645597978.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 53
  • image-3333555904.jpg
    image-3333555904.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 56
Awesome pics.

A bit worried that if its something else more serious the sealer may make it worse. I will take the water pump off and check it all I reckon, redo the gaskets and go from there.

Yeh I'd try that too. I've heard that the water pump in these are pretty hard to get to, but that was a whinging Pom that said that so it's probably a piece of piss. Haha

It's worse than just the free wheeling hub. It's a snapped CV inside the hub housing. Which has spread and split the end of the shaft that the wheel bearing is on. $$$.

That green Pheral is off the hook. I always chat to Peter when I go into get my Nav upgraded at Wangara Opposite Lock. Will be getting a rear E Locker for christmas this year once my bar work is completed. Maybe even a set of 34" simex's just for the wank factor!

Why E locker? Your not happy with the LSD? And why ONLY 34s? Haha

I did that rutted hill again. Loved it! Heaps of angle leaning over the right side as you drive down into the rut, Then when the arse goes in the front left actually got a good bit of air.

Attachments

• image-2459711006.jpg
    image-2459711006.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 60
Don't think ill fit 35"s and gotta consider diff ratios if I run bigger rubber. Always wanted a twin locked truck and like the E locker.
Is this the hill climb I got stuck on last time out?

Twin locked would be tops, but I've hardly ever even noticed the LSD slip.

And yeh that's the hill. Got a few vids again so il post em soon. How's my USB goin?

its done, ill drop it round either later today or tomoz.
My LSD is average at best when off road

Latest posts

Back