Pick up new D40 king cab on wednesday

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve1961

Reaction score
Howdy all
Pick up my new D40 king cab next wednesday , having crossed from the dark side , who can tell me what iam in for ?

Congrats on the new truck mate.
Have a late 2011 King Cab here. Before you sign the delivery documents, even the slightest thing make sure it's noted. I had a couple of issues. Pay particular attention to the operation and fit of the the suicide and front doors. Mine ratteled like buggery. In the end, ended up sorting it out myself as the bozoes at the dealer where hopless. Otherwise the rest of the truck felt tight and well put together.
Other but not so minor issue was the wheel alignment was out to buggery. Mostly due to the fitment of the genuine steel bar. It also sat lower on the RHS. which I did not notice at delivery as it was parked on the road with a sloping camber.
Keep in mind that things like body rattles and squeaks, body panel and door adjustments, aircond gas, paint and chips, and wheel alignment are not covered after the free 1000k check.
Dispite that, no other problems and had a good run out it so far.
Only regret, I did not have the Lift (along with wheel alignment) fitted before taking delivery. The factory suspension is only good for unlaiden boulivade cruising.

BTW. Welcome to the forum. There is plenty of good info here.

Welcome Steve 1961
I too bought a late 2011 RX Kingcab and thus far done 28K with few minor issues - Grand Trek AT20 tyres are crap only put on by dealer as they give a nice quiet ride on the black stuff, and a little heavy on diesel but believe it is still loosing up. Alloy tray (Nissan) have no step which is a pain. Other than those few things on my wish list is to lift her 2", side steps with brush rails, custom canopy and some better tread tossing up between Kumho, Bridgestone or Mickey Thompson ATs. Do too much bitumen and gravel road driving for MTs and war office would go into a spin if I dare had two sets of tyres!!!! All the best.

G, day tapper n Bowie , thanks for the info
The truck iam getting was a stock vehicle and I actually drove it , no noise or rattles which is good , I was pretty impressed with it. Coming out of a 08 triton with 250 ks on it , it felt nice n tight , the tri was decked out pretty well and this will wind up the same , got a tonau , Townsend , factory snorkel , and an arb winch bar , it's a white manual , all other stuff will be done in a few months , , ill pay attention to all those things you mentioned have to be done before the 1 k service , iam looking forward to picking it up and having a play , I did like the tri , and had zero issues with it , but their just too small , thanks for the welcome guys , any info is much appriecated

well picked her up today , very happy , done a whole 89 k's so far so different to the tri , but ill slowly build her up
img15182.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Thanks , now i have to start again, bull bar , lights , tyres , lift , diff locks ,under body protection , duel battery ,refit all the electronics , etc etc etc , but i guess thats half the fun

Latest posts

Back