Plug next to Pas headlight?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ourd40

Reaction score
Hey guys,
In my 2011 Thai ST D40 there is a plug next to my passenger headlight thats not plugged to anything and was hoping someone could let me know what its for or whatever?
Thanx

Here is a pic.

Attachments

• D40 plug.jpg
    D40 plug.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 177
Hi Clint
I'm pretty sure I've got it too. I thought it might be the one for the ambient sensor because I can't find the ambient sensor plug anywhere close to where it should be.
Cheers
PS Have you installed the rear bar yet?
Cheers Max

Hey Max,
That ambient sensor is what got me looking when i found that and was hoping someone could shed some more light on it.
No the bar is still in the shed, lol.
I am going to get on it soon, still busy with the new house etc..

After working for Nissan for over 10 years, that plug looks like it for a fan for the A/C. I have some old one's in the shed which we would remove to put bigger ones on. I have attached some pictures of the fan and the plug.

some times you would have two fans on the car and when you fit A/C you would take one off, so would have a spare plug.

Or it could be a plug for the fog lights, I have not seen the wiring for them so I cant be sure.

Attachments

• IMAG0167.jpg
    IMAG0167.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 96
  • IMAG0168.jpg
    IMAG0168.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Just had a look under the Nav and found this plug on both sides of the car just behind the fog light covers ( no fog lights fitted ) which I would say is for the fog lights.

The other pic is the back of the light were it plugs into.

So the plug in the other pic is not for the fog lights. Still maybe for a A/C fan.

Attachments

• IMAG0169.jpg
    IMAG0169.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 86
  • $(KGrHqJHJC!E9!S!lMoRBP,DRT1ugw~~60_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqJHJC!E9!S!lMoRBP,DRT1ugw~~60_12.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 79
I have fog lights in my bull bar.
There is a different plug on the other side. same thing no idea what for.
Will post pic soon.

One way to find it out could be:
1)-RED lead of the multimeter in one side of the plug and the BLACK lead to earth if no continuity = change RED lead to other side of plug if continuity = that's the earth cable.
2)-RED lead of multimeter to the POSITIVE side of the plug + with BLACK lead of multimeter check all fuses (both legs) until you find continuity.

Good luck with that.... 4 days off will help, LOL

That looks like the plug that would be plugged into the receiver dyrer pressure switch for the A\C.on older nissans like navs, pulsars, patrols and others.

I was speaking to tony about it and he said

The loom SHOULD connect back to the instrument cluster itself, in my car that's pins 49 and 50 of the instrument cluster. Pin 49 is "Temp +" and 50 is "Temp -" - orientation shouldn't be too big an issue, it's a thermistor after all. Pins 49 and 50 are the central two pins in the smaller connector on the same side as the orange (pin 47) and red (pin 48) wires.

There is another connector that the ambient temp lines run through. It has 16 pins but it's a 18-pin in size, with pins 4 and 5 "missing" (the numbers shift along, so think of it as "1 - 2 - 3 - x - x - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7" along the top. Pins 14 and 15 of this plug are the ambient temperature sensor lines, so they're on the other side of the block.

Next time Im home ill pull the dash back and have a look if no one else beats me too it.

None of the plugs shown are ambient temp sensor plugs - the ambient sensor plug has 4 pins even though it only needs 2.

I'm going to guess that the grey plug is for the indicator/parker harness in a bullbar (which has an extra indicator in it). Try putting a test globe on it and turn on the indicators and parker lights. The first plug might be its partner.

Latest posts

Back