Power output

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmy_larco

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls,
Just wondering if this is the same for everyone, the power output near the steering wheel on my stx seems to be hardwired. So it is useless for using a sat nav cause it stays on after the car is turned off. Is there an easy fix for this?

Mine is on all the time, yes. I tend not to use it for that reason. The one inside the console works as expected, so I ran an extension lead out of that and everything hooks up to it.

Thankfully I've got in-dash navigation with bluetooth for my phone, so I don't have to have anything hanging off my windscreen with power cables running down anywhere.

I don't know the best way to fix it. You could fit a relay into the power supply to that socket, and connect it to the accessories circuit, which would render it "normal".

so I don't have to have anything hanging off my windscreen with power cables running down anywhere.

Off topic but I saw in some cattledog yesterday that you can get locks for GPS units now, just like those steering locks that Club etc claimed were nearly unbreakable they have a locking system that sits over the GPS in its cradle so the unit can't come off the cradle. Not sure how it stops the cradle being nicked but I thought for $50 and the fact that GPS are nearly out dated by the time you buy one it would be money really went spent.

Back on topic: My solution would be to put an in line switch between the Aux and the GPS, you could make one for about $2 by cutting into the power lead for the GPS and soldering the switch in. It would still mean you'd have to turn the switch off so doing something manual would be required but it saves pulling the plug all the time.

Or like Tony said get an extension and run it from the center console. I like the idea of a live aux in the cab because it means I can leave any number of things charging in the car with the ignition off. In most cases I use the second battery for it but there are times when charging phones or ipods etc needs doing while the travelers are off at lunch so I'd never consider swapping it to be accessories only.

Some of the early models came with two sockets one constant power and one switched. If you have a look up under the dash where the plug is you may find that the loom plug for the switched one is tucked up in there as my Nav has a switched one in the dash but the loom plug for the constant one is tucked up the back.

Latest posts

Back