Power Window Bridge

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cabhsv

Reaction score
Reading in the latest 4wd montly and there is 50 quick mods one of which is a bridge wire you can put in to make you power windows work with out the key turned on. Has anyone done this if so any instructions or where is the power window relay.
Any help would be good I like this Idea.

It will be listed in the manual somewhere. I haven't got a copy of the D22 manual but it's downloadable off this site and will list all the relays and their locations.

Cabhsv - if you get this to work, do you mind posting how, maybe with a few pics. It sounds like a great mod I'd love to do!

No problem just need to find the power window relay. Know how to roughly do it just need to know the relay.

i wouldnt mind doing this on my other car, not the nav, its a c/c with wind ups.
makes me wonder tho.. there must be a reason all the manufacturors make their cars so you have to have the ignition on?? be fucked if i can figure out why tho..

Hey guys i have been looking into it a bit this morning.
For those who have the ESM could they confirm with me that im right just incase I looked at the 2008 section as mine is that years model..Check the pic's of the drawing from what i can tell if you bridge 8 to 9 on the relay it should work coloured White (8)and Purple(9)but i think we need to check the colours to what they fitted.As for the location of the relay it should be the one indicated by my mangled finger :biggrin:

Sorry guy's had the wrong pic up fixed now.

Thanks for pointing it out the mistake.

Last edited:
I unplugged the relay shown in the diagram above scorpian2777 you had it right the first time, and the windows still worked it is the end one beside the round black breaker, then all I did was unplugged it and bridged the two horizontal terminals and the windows work without the key.

Hey Guys,

Just signed up - awaiting eagerly for my D22 and just reading through the forums...

As for
there must be a reason all the manufacturors make their cars so you have to have the ignition on?? be fucked if i can figure out why tho..

The main reason is, if a car thief manages to pry your door enough to get to the power window switch... down comes your window and bam straight into the car. What is much better is a window that'll go up and down AFTER you turn the engine off, until you open the door...

Hey Guys,

Just signed up - awaiting eagerly for my D22 and just reading through the forums...

As for

The main reason is, if a car thief manages to pry your door enough to get to the power window switch... down comes your window and bam straight into the car. What is much better is a window that'll go up and down AFTER you turn the engine off, until you open the door...

My wife has that on our Dodge journey it is a pain in the neck you open the doors windows stop working. Nothing wrong with a 30 sec delay that will give you enough time to close any windows like the commodore VE has and as i fitted a time delay on my 2002 Xtrail.
All it needs is a timer and as our D22 has no timer but shuts the driver door power off when you lock the car.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back