PRE turbo EGT, idel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brendan

Reaction score
just want to see the accuracy of my EGT gauge. on any given time when the motor is cool my gauge reads just under 100c, once started up will get to about 120-130c. After a run when everything is warmed up back at idel it will drop down to about 140 after ideling for a bit.

just want to know if this sounds right, obviously showing 100c on a cold motor that hasnt been started isnt right but ive put it down to the gauge designed for high temps

apart from 100c when cold it sounds about right. sure the minimum the guage reads is not 100c ?
my new one only goes down to 200c.

its autometer, the first number is 1 but its got marks below it. im sure if you have a look at autometer gauge you will know what i mean,
just happy its actually correct as i got it up too 600c on the weekend out at stockton, lucky soon as i noticed i back off and keep it about 400-500c

600 degree's.

Must of been driving it hard or if you have a chip, had it turned up high.

Never seen mine go past 500 and that was up there 4000rpm.

Usually never goes over 400 degrees.

yeah, from what i know diesels have alloy pistons and aluminium melts at 600 or so. so i try keep it under 600.
it isnt chiped yet but would like to one day

Latest posts

Back