Problem in the rear end.....

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ordinarily I would just drop the oil out and check it myself, but I don't want to touch it at risk of them trying to point the finger at me. However, I will insist that I be there when they pull it apart because they are just as likely to just clean everything up and replace the oil, even if the diff has half shat itself. Given the fact that I've done over 1000km with probably no/little diff oil, I'd say there's going to be damage. I paid for a new car so I want a new diff.

Ok, so I took the car in to Nissan this morning. I explained the problem and told him I was pretty pissed that they never at least checked the diff oil when I took it in complaining about diff noise 2 weeks ago. Anyway, handed over the keys, all good. Called them this arvo to see how it was all progressing, they said the diff was in bits, they had taken photos and sent them off to Nissan to sort out what the problem was because it appears that the LSD clutch packs were binding. That's all the info I have at this stage, hopefully it's fixed by tomorrow arvo.

Ok, so I took the car in to Nissan this morning. I explained the problem and told him I was pretty pissed that they never at least checked the diff oil when I took it in complaining about diff noise 2 weeks ago. Anyway, handed over the keys, all good. Called them this arvo to see how it was all progressing, they said the diff was in bits, they had taken photos and sent them off to Nissan to sort out what the problem was because it appears that the LSD clutch packs were binding. That's all the info I have at this stage, hopefully it's fixed by tomorrow arvo.

i hope you get it all sorted mate, and at nissan's expense also. maybe could of been prevented if the dick heads had at least checked the oil like you had asked....

Called them again this afternoon. They are ordering a new diff for it, they estimate they will have it for three weeks. They said to come in Monday and they will organise a hire car for me. Luckily I didn't have plans for the weekend as they didn't call me to let me know, I had to call them. I bet I won't get another 4x4 dual cab hire car, which is really what I need

I am really missing my D22, It's been a week now, one or two weeks to go till I get it back. Nissan organised a rental car for me, it's a Triton, and it is the shittiest car I have ever driven. That includes the 1983 Ford Laser I owned when I was 17. The Triton is gutless, rough, noisey and just generally looks, sounds and feels like it's going to fall apart at any time.... It is the poverty pack 4x2 4 cylinder petrol, but I've driven the equivalent model in Rodeo, Hilux, Bravo and Courier and they are all much, much better. DON'T BUY ONE WHATEVER YOU DO!!!

I am really missing my D22, It's been a week now, one or two weeks to go till I get it back. Nissan organised a rental car for me, it's a Triton, and it is the shittiest car I have ever driven. That includes the 1983 Ford Laser I owned when I was 17. The Triton is gutless, rough, noisey and just generally looks, sounds and feels like it's going to fall apart at any time.... It is the poverty pack 4x2 4 cylinder petrol, but I've driven the equivalent model in Rodeo, Hilux, Bravo and Courier and they are all much, much better. DON'T BUY ONE WHATEVER YOU DO!!!

Hehehehehe:big_smile:....................................:suicide:

Just want to thank you blokes. My brand new d22 having same diff issues. Noise comes and goes. Its there when I drive it and not when Nissan dealer drives it. Funny that. Anyway after reading this thread Ive demanded that rear diff oil be changed. Its going in next week. Nissan techs need to read this forum. You get better answers here!!! Cheers fellas.

"Correct oil, level and free from contamination is critcal for LSD centres".

Just this back to life...... Why is the level so critical? Considering that the diff's only hold 1.3ltrs, I would have thought that if u over filled it a bit that it would possibly be a benefit having more oil in there??

If u over fill the diff.... what happens?

Back