Problem Solved

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pix

Reaction score
Since winter started, and since the ice has been getting thicker and thicker each morning on the windshield I've found it harder and harder to start the nav. Would crank but wouldn't quite fire for a fair few seconds. After a service the mechanice suggested I change glow plugs to try fix this. On Friday I went to start the nav and it cranked and cranked but wouldn't fire. After a few attemps the battery died and being home alone I was at a dead end. I ordered a new battery (top of the line 4x4 one) and it was delivered and installed for free, now the nav fires first crank regardless of freezing temps and I think I'll save money by not having to change glow plugs. :rock:

Am I right by assuming I wont need to change glow plugs?

correct.

what can happen is the voltage drops to much while cranking and the ecu will not fire the injectors. a lot of the time its just a battery that needs charging up or poor battery connections. also the cold effects battery performance so a poor battery becomes a stuffed battery when it gets cold.

Latest posts

Back