pro's con's snake racing.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When did you get the ball joints? I called Ultimate suspension a couple of months back and they said the don't do them anymore.
I had grand plans when I bought the 550 last year, have decided now to stick the 2inch kit I already have in it & 32's, plenty for my needs anyway

Ah - bugger. I got them about a year ago - when I fitted 32s - lukcy I did by the sounds of things. I'm guessing quality issues are the reason for stopping them - as I said, mine already have play in them. This is really a gap in the market - some locally made UCAs (read the recent 'wishbone' thread on this - might have a local solution soon) or some decent extended ball joints (monster makes them for Hilux, be great if we could get some done for the D40)....Not interested in fitting some US UCAs?

The Calmini kit is absolute rubbish. Just fit a 65mm suspension lift and a 25mm body lift. That should clear 33's no problem.

Any lift above VicRoads 50mm will require Engineers cert & lane change test to be legal.

I think Vicroads says 75mm in total (to allow 2' suspension lift and bigger tyres size) so if you keep you r original tyre size you could technically have a mechanical lift of 3', I might be wrong though.....

I have been running the calmini kit with 33s for about 40,000k now after trying the prg UCAs and many other setups I can honestly say although the calmini kit does not increase the travel it completely floggs the crap out of the cheaper options I was never happy with the spacers .

Yes I have had to brace the lower crossmembers due to them being a c section.

My D40 unloaded tipped the scales at 3.2t due to a long list of mods yet it goes everywhere my friends 76 and 80 series go they are twin locked on 33s

Oh I forgot to mention that the hilux front shocks fit with the aid of a washer which give approx 35mm more travel. The front would be easy to increase the travel but I have found no need to.

image-1979569330.jpg

My nav you may have seen it

how many of us are running 33's
but do u have a Engineers cert ??? i hate vic-roads no body lift and cant run 33's with a 2'' lift ..not saying u cant i mean u cant coz of vic-roads .

any pic's of the washer you need to run hilux front shocks... extra travel sounds good. when i jucked mine up i found i only have abour 30mm down travel with my 2" tough dog set up. The shoch is maxing out with a 20mm gap to the coil hat. i think i need longer shocks as i want to install spacers to level up rig...

Hey guys, One of the guys in my town just put a 7 inch lift on his D40.

Looks sick!!

Attachments

• 578727_288137234599826_100002106559550_641203_473589204_n.jpg
    578727_288137234599826_100002106559550_641203_473589204_n.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 149
Yeah, thats what i was thinking. Im going 5inch (3 sus, 2 body) and that should be enough and the price won't be too out there. That way i can fit 33's with some body trimming and good offset rims.

I think ill stick to the 2" sus + 2" body + 33s. Heres hoping tax time is good to me, never had to write a vehicle off as tax before.

Nah i dont work for myself, i was offered a company car (corolla) or extra cash to cover using my own vehicle. I needed a ute for the dog and firewood/camping and stuff. The Nav costs me way more than they pay me for it, so im hoping a fair portion of it is recoverable as another bloke in my office says it is.

Yeah that will work. you get good tax breaks using your personel vehicle for work when employed. cause the tax is allready payed you should get a good return. lucky bastard all ill get is a good bill lol

Hahaha yeah but im sure, working for yourself that you probably have substanitially more coin in your pocket at the end of the day. Apparently a % of all repayment + services + running costs + insurance + anything else i do to it are all tax deductible. Seemed like a much better option than squeezing into a carolla every day. I dont mind paying for all the running costs like diesel, servicing, rego and insurance if i can get money back on it to pay for my mods. Self explanatory really!

that navara looks awesome !!!!! wish mine look like that did he say what he has done to get that high also how are the cv's

Latest posts

Back