pro's con's snake racing.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that navara looks awesome !!!!! wish mine look like that did he say what he has done to get that high also how are the cv's

I talked to Sy today, (the guy who owns Ferrits 4x4) and he said they go the kit from Calmini and then he installed it himself. The front shocks are on full tension. Haven't asked about the cv's though. They both know their 4wd's so I'm guessing they would have taken everything into consideration.

that navara looks awesome !!!!! wish mine look like that did he say what he has done to get that high also how are the cv's

Its got the "CALMINI" 5" kit plus a 2" suspension lift, so the CV angles are like any other 2" lift because the 5" kit just lowers the front diff via a new cross-member ect

Its got the "CALMINI" 5" kit plus a 2" suspension lift, so the CV angles are like any other 2" lift because the 5" kit just lowers the front diff via a new cross-member ect

ahhh ok so i guess when u go that high its only for ramp over coz the diff wont be any higher ??

I talked to Sy today, (the guy who owns Ferrits 4x4) and he said they go the kit from Calmini and then he installed it himself. The front shocks are on full tension. Haven't asked about the cv's though. They both know their 4wd's so I'm guessing they would have taken everything into consideration.

o ok i dint no it was a Calmini kit cheers mate

fair enough thanks mate how do u find your calmini kit anyway been pull over or anything ?

oh and are you still running the "PRG" UCA???

sorry for late reply
no im no longer running the prg uca's they arnt somthing i feel would serv me well.
im fully engineered with the sway bar but i disconnect or remove it most of the time it makes a big difference.

any pic's of the washer you need to run hilux front shocks... extra travel sounds good. when i jucked mine up i found i only have abour 30mm down travel with my 2" tough dog set up. The shoch is maxing out with a 20mm gap to the coil hat. i think i need longer shocks as i want to install spacers to level up rig...

the washer is only needed because the hilux front shock is slightly narrower in the eye at the bottom .If you put a washer to take up the gap it prevents bending of the lower shock mount.

i hope this makes sense.

sorry for late reply
no im no longer running the prg uca's they arnt somthing i feel would serv me well.
im fully engineered with the sway bar but i disconnect or remove it most of the time it makes a big difference.

Ok thanks for getting back.
So do you still have the PRG arms??and if you do, do you want to sell them??
Also when you disconnect the sway bar, do you tie it up or just let it do its own thing??

I use to use cable ties to hold the sway bar out of the way but now I have it completely removed as I mine isn't a daily driver.i sold the uca's as they posed a issue with dirt,sand and mud wearing out the joint very quickly. That being said if you nav is for posing I'm sure they would last and offer no issues but on mine they didn't last long enough for the fuel gauge to move.

I use to use cable ties to hold the sway bar out of the way but now I have it completely removed as I mine isn't a daily driver.i sold the uca's as they posed a issue with dirt,sand and mud wearing out the joint very quickly. That being said if you nav is for posing I'm sure they would last and offer no issues but on mine they didn't last long enough for the fuel gauge to move.

Ok, i was thinking i would do the same.
I dont want to remove it all together because my bash plates would have to be removed to get to the sway bar mounts, and i use it as my work ute.
So i think i will just unbolt it at the LCA for those weekends i go wheeling.

I didnt realise that those PRG arms are so S#$T, but thanks for telling me before i wasted my money.
I think i will just go with the UCA that "Sossel" has had made up using the standard STX ball joint.
They should last way longer then it takes for the fuel gauge to move.

d40.navara you say you are fully engineered? is that including 33 inch tyres along with the Calmini kit? have you done speedo correction and if so how? any other mods you had to do to get it passed?

I have the Calmini kit in mine (good mate does too) and we are wanting to get them both engineered...

Latest posts

Back