QD32 top mount and turboed.... almost

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dvsfpv

Reaction score
just a couple of pics of my turbo setup for my d22 ive been building slowly so hope you all like it and get some ideas from it, its a wrx cooler welded to the intake manifold then a steam pipe manifold with a ihi turbo

Photo0122.jpg

Photo0125.jpg

Photo0127.jpg

Photo0124.jpg

looking good.

pity you couldn't line up the turbo to one of the exhaust ports.
if you do alloy welding why not look into chopping the intake tank in half and the outlet tank of the ic in half and welding the inlet direct to ic. ie intake ports go direct to IC end tank.

Nice build mate.

Those engines shake abit, so mounting it instead of welding it on may be better longterm.

looking good.

pity you couldn't line up the turbo to one of the exhaust ports.
if you do alloy welding why not look into chopping the intake tank in half and the outlet tank of the ic in half and welding the inlet direct to ic. ie intake ports go direct to IC end tank.

cheers mate, i dont do alot of alloy welding mainly i weld up the body on our asphalt truck at work so its not like i do it everyday but that is a good idea, but it doesnt seem to leak so will see how it goes.

Nice build mate.

Those engines shake abit, so mounting it instead of welding it on may be better longterm.

yeah i still have to make a couple of brackets to bolt to the original brackets on the cooler to strengthen it a bit so hopefully wont break in my lifetime of owning it

You should box the top and bottom of that wrx intercooler up and make a cheap water to air setup out of it :D

damn it why didnt i think of that........ maybe phase 2

cheers brent

well finally got to fire the nav up on sunday. running straight out the dump pipe runs really well comes onto boost about 1200 rpm all the way through to where i decide to change, only running 7 psi at the moment on a steep hill in 4th labouring the egt's where 500 ish and i havent fueled the pump up yet so once the zorst is done next week will give more info and pics
cheers
brent

Any updates on this yet mate. Interesting thread to follow.

well had to put off getting a new exhaust as bills entered.... but the exhaust now dumps in a 2" dump pipe to the old exhaust to just behind the cab with one tiny muffler sounds great goes really well. had to tow a ea falcon last night on my tandem so all up weighed about 2.5t and pulled really well up some steep hills out of hurstbridge exhaust temp rose abit but still nothing to worry about saw a max of 600 degrees up the steepest hill i hit so im happy will try and take some snaps this week just have to finish the snorkel and tig up the 3" stainless exhaust im gonna have to build now lol
cheers
brent

well i have noticed that my intercooler seems to be getting very hot so im not sure of it efficency so i ordered 2 7" thermo fans to put on it will hopefully mount them up tomorrow arvo and see if it makes more of a difference the scoop does help but not enough i believe as we all kno cooler air is better so hopefully this will work. will post pics tomorrow night if i remember

Latest posts

Back