Radflo for my D40?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have Radlfo's in my truck and cant fault them . Greg at PRG is great to deal with however it can take him time to get back to you as he is a small company and works all the hours he can trying to keep up

Thanks mate.
Im just looking at lifting my nav up to 3 inches without going to any body blocks or spacers.

I have the Old Man Emu setup at the moment, but the height is just not cutting it. Looking at either bilstein adjustables for front and rear, or the radflo setup maybe.

am guessing yours is a 4x4 . Going to 3" might have issues with cv angles. Some get away with it others not and you might also have coil bucket contact.Depending on where you are situated you might have to get everything engineered to stay legal.Up to 50mm is self regulated . 50mm to 150mm is Engineered and above 150mm is non road worthy

Yeah sorry, its a 4x4.
I plan on getting some new UCAs to solve the coil bucket issue. Is there anyway to fix the CV issues?

just dont go past 3 and a half inch's with aftermarket uca's and you will be fine, go anymore than that and the suspension wont work if you look in my garage you will see what it will look like with the lift.

I have this exact kit and ride quality is superb! As Aussie has said delivery time can be rather slow but Greg is a great guy.

You'll probably have coil bucket contact, I do have some but the UCAs have bumpstops, this is due to the fact that the more you crank the coilovers for extra lift the closer the UCA gets to the shock's upper body. As Greg has said, distance from the UCA to the shocks' upper support body should be 1.5-2.0". (I'd say keep it 2").

Overall I'm perfectly happy with my kit, it's also fully bolt-on, coilovers are rebuildable (I still haven't done anything to mine after 2-3 years of owning them, and filling them with nitrogen is a breeze using the dedicated valve.

Next you'll probably want to add a set of 33'' tyres and off you go! :) (Stock tyre size works great too but I think you'll like something bigger to compensate the lifted look)

Of course the mods' list goes on......and on.... and on..... :)

I have 2inch lift with 25mm spacers, i get a fair bit of UCA-coil bucket contact, what is the recomended upgrade to slove this issue? ive looked at a few uca's but finding the right one is a lilhard

Get extended length ones or you'll have next to no down travel. I have extendededs and down travel is still minimal . Bang thud every time you drop a wheel through a hole.if you plan on a winch and steel bar go to 650 pound springs.

Droop stops on ucas will stop your shocks topping out, I have cal off roads / spc ucas they do not have droop stops but they are nolathane bushed as opposed to heim joints on other ucas ,which suck IMO.

Sorry Zakka I dare say the many thousands of Navara, Frontier,Titan,Armada,Xterra,Pathfinder and Toyota Tundra drivers with PRG arms might think otherwise.And personally I agree. There is nothing wrong with Heim joints.Had them in my race car and have them in my truck. Honestly cant fault them .
But hey everyone has the right to their own opinion.

Sorry Zakka I dare say the many thousands of Navara, Frontier,Titan,Armada,Xterra,Pathfinder and Toyota Tundra drivers with PRG arms might think otherwise.And personally I agree. There is nothing wrong with Heim joints.Had them in my race car and have them in my truck. Honestly cant fault them .
But hey everyone has the right to their own opinion.

X2

Some people support that heim joints are more susceptible to corrosion due to salt used during winter, but my PRG UCAs are nearly 4 years old with no problem whatsoever, mind you, where I live salt is widely used in wintertime.
Wash & lubricate moving parts and off you go!
If I had to choose I'd have gone the same route again, no questions asked.

The PRG UCA have a bump stop to contact the could bucket but so far havent made contact with mine .
However there are now a lot more choices since we bought our PRG arms
SPC available here and the US
Calmini
Total Chaos

You really need to do your research and work out which arms is going to work best for you.
When I bought my PRG arms they were the ONLY arms with camber adjustability . Others were just replacement arms

Aussie, I don't know if your car sees articulation, dust ,dirt water salt and any other bit of shit our country has to offer offroad, is it even 4x4? but when driving through bull dust for hours on end a urethane bush with internally greased bush will not need rebuilding at the end of the trip, for race cars that have items replaced regularly, yeah sure, but for guys/gals that have one modified car that takes them to work the bush the beach and every other requirement it's not practical to have a virtually solid joint with a pissy Teflon liner, the shock load is hence transmitted to the rest of the vehicle ,particularly the flimsy factory brackets.
You should study frontier forum closely, plenty of kids on there sick of replacing heim joints,thump thump.

To tsounts,

Greece has nothing on our country buddy for harshness, abit of salt,bahhh, try driving through salt water in the wilderness with no ' local tap 'or water to waste on washing suspension parts every time they get dirty,lmao.

Zakka I have been a member on ClubFrontier since 2006 and know Greg from PRG quite well. I have my reasons to use Heim Joints and swear by them. I have my opinions as you have yours. When I bought my arms there were no cheaper alternative SPC arms so I had the choice of Calmini ,Total Chaos or PRG. PRG were there only that made an adjustable arm. Thousands of kms later I am as happy with my PRG arms as the day I bought them.
If you wanna get personal about it fill your boots. Idiots pass though forums all the time. Each to their own but please keep your opinions polite ok.
You like bush's I like heim joints . Not something I really care about.My gear suits my needs.
Oh yeah if you can read my signature block you will see its a 4x2 and seeing I use it on racetracks etc the race type suspension is well suited.

Zakka I have been a member on ClubFrontier since 2006 and know Greg from PRG quite well. I have my reasons to use Heim Joints and swear by them. I have my opinions as you have yours. When I bought my arms there were no cheaper alternative SPC arms so I had the choice of Calmini ,Total Chaos or PRG. PRG were there only that made an adjustable arm. Thousands of kms later I am as happy with my PRG arms as the day I bought them.
If you wanna get personal about it fill your boots. Idiots pass though forums all the time. Each to their own but please keep your opinions polite ok.
You like bush's I like heim joints . Not something I really care about.My gear suits my needs.
Oh yeah if you can read my signature block you will see its a 4x2 and seeing I use it on racetracks etc the race type suspension is well suited.

Very well said Aussie! I completely agree, everyone will have their opinion, but there is no reason not to be polite in expressing it

Yup, each to their own.

When I was looking for UCAs (it actually was 2008) the only choices were PRG and Total Chaos, hmmm, so now that I'm thinking of it I've been running this setup for nearly 5 years and not 3, not bad at all.

To OP, PRG also has these UCAs: http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/product/spc-upper-arms/

As far as I know you can run PRG coilovers with stock UCAs too (depending on your budget): http://www.prgproducts.com/shop/product/radflo_2_0_oem_replacement_frontier_coilovers/

You can also give Greg a call (he's a hard man to get since he's rather busy), he won't sell you crap, I wish all business-men were like him.

To Zakka, man if I pass my whole truck through salty water and not give it a thorough wash afterwards my main concern wouldn't be limited to my aftermarket (or stock) UCAs (this is not theory but experience with our old truck used in Greek winter road conditions you seem to take so lightly)...

Salt seems to have the same side-effects regardless of country, if someone neglects his/her truck its his/her fault.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back