Radflow 2.0 coil over feedback

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trev08

Reaction score
Hi Guys ,

I am looking at a set of Radflo 2.0 coil overs for my Stx 550 and need some feedback from guys with these fitted.

A few questions.

What's the ride like compared to Oem ?

What spring rate did you select ( 600 lb standard ) to suit the V6.

Are they worth the extra coin compared to Bilstein 5100 adjustables..

I am after 30-40 mm lift mostly city / hwy use but need to be able 2 dirt bikes in back offroad without it riding like a 2 ton truck unladen.

Cheers guys

Trev

Last edited:
I have had the Radflo's fitted for a few years now .The main thing to do is know your weights when you order them so they are valved right.
The biggest difference between the Radflo's and others is the fact you can totally rebuild them. I had a squeaking spherical bearing in my right shock so I ordered the parts and swapped that out yesterday.
I have a V6 Petrol 4x2 and after working with Glenn from Radflo and Greg from PRG we tried 500lb springs and they work really well.
Being a heavier beast the 550 would need stronger springs.The Eibach springs come in 50lb incriments so 550 then 600 650 etc

Aussie Frontier,

Thanks for that info. The million dollar question is how much heavier is the V9x

I was thinking the 600 lb springs, but not 100 % sure.

:cheers!:

I think the easiest way would be to weight the front axle.At our local tip they have the weigh bridge. I went and spoke to the guy and told him i wanted to stop with just the front axle on the scale and then roll forward.
Worked a treat. Cant remember the numbers now .

I currently have them installed, 650lb i think, in a 2.5ltr. when first installed Fantastic ride quality. i wound them up a little (2.5in) and wasn't impressed, i have now wound them back down a little (current 1in higher then std) and still not that impressed. I also have SPC upper control arms. Currently i have some suspension thudding noise whilst driving, and its giving me the shits. About to install a spacer to achieve a little lift (total front lift 2.5-3in) to match rear. If i was to buy again i'd go another brand... hopefully i get it sorted and they ride like they did when first installed. if so i'll let you know

Geardy
Have you contacted Radflo and asked Glenn what he might be able to suggest?
Glenn is a very smart cookie so send him an email [email protected]
to see how heavy the springs are look below
18122008109.jpg

First set of numbers means its a 12" spring
Second set is 2.5"
last is 70 lbs

so 650 lb springs would be

Mine are 500lb so mine read

no haven't contacted him yet. im very frustrated with the whole D40 front end. i have had issues with the front suspension since lifting it. I thought the Radflos would of been a good investment, but atm I'm wishing i went something else. i'll wind them back down and insert custom spacers to achieve ride height. I had large spacers and std coils in before and the ride height was great but not so the ride and UCA to Coil bucket contact. Hopefully i can get a few hrs to work on it later on the week.

Talk with Glenn he should be able to figure out whats going on. I have mine wound up 40mm and the ride is great.
I will add that your rear suspension can make the ride feel bad. I had blocks on stock springs and the truck was harsh to drive. Changed out the springs and shocks and it was a huge difference

Im also running 2.0 Rad/Eibach combo with 650lb springs and I have to say after 3 years I still love the ride albeit a touch firm which I like for handling. If I bought them now I would consider going a little lighter. I think 550-600lb would be ideal for the OP. As Aussie said itll be the last shocks you have to buy and the fact that Eibach is one of the worlds best springs. Mine dropped about 5mm once worn in and didn't drop at all after putting on 135lb winch bar.

Talk with Glenn he should be able to figure out whats going on. I have mine wound up 40mm and the ride is great.
I will add that your rear suspension can make the ride feel bad.

hey aussie. just wonder what is the Measurement from the base of the Thread on the bottom on the spring on the coilover? mines set at 45mm.

Latest posts

Back