Random Chat Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'day Dion. If it is to be based on the GT, I don't think it looks aggressive enough. Below the front bumper looks pretty anonymous, and as others have said, it looks overall too short. The rear quarter panel / shoulder makes it look quite dated; very XA'ish to me. I think the hip is too pronounced, particularly at the trailing edge of the door. You also need to define the headlights more, as I reckon that is a key area that give a car its personality.

Having said all that, well done on what I assume is an early draft. I'm hopeless at any form of art/drawing. I for one am interested in watching this progress.

Just seen this Dion.

The turret looks to short.

Fords and commodores are longer wheel bases compared to Civics etc.

The pic looks the same length as a Integra.

Other then that. Well done.

It's actually the wheelbase of a Falcon; that's one of the few things that is unchanged from the donor car:

BA_FALCON.jpg

Though I can see that it looks quite short; the door is much longer than standard.

G'day Dion. If it is to be based on the GT, I don't think it looks aggressive enough. Below the front bumper looks pretty anonymous, and as others have said, it looks overall too short. The rear quarter panel / shoulder makes it look quite dated; very XA'ish to me. I think the hip is too pronounced, particularly at the trailing edge of the door. You also need to define the headlights more, as I reckon that is a key area that give a car its personality.

Having said all that, well done on what I assume is an early draft. I'm hopeless at any form of art/drawing. I for one am interested in watching this progress.

I hear you there, more aggressive. I'm actually glad that you and a few other guys have picked up that it looks a bit dated - one of our design language aims was "classic muscle".

Just spent about an hour polishing half of the alloy bull bar, which I'm pretty sure has never been done before. Very happy with the results so far. Used an old face washer, a bit of elbow grease and a pretty high tech product sourced specifically from under the kitchen sink: Brasso. You wouldn't believe how good this old stuff works!

Finished the days chores outside, now come in to get ready for a trip into melb to see the one and only

MOTORHEAD

:rock::rock::rock::rock:

Half ya luck, I went down the big smoke yesterday and it's too scary to go back twice in as many days.

Finished the days chores outside, now come in to get ready for a trip into melb to see the one and only

MOTORHEAD

Wonder if Hawkwind hung around long enough to be in the same town as Lemmy. Would have been and interesting reunion.

I was there yesterday. Best part of visiting town is leaving.

Especially after going on a shopping spree with Woody!!

ok so i i'm slowly getting the feel for this fiji resort. yesterday got pretty damn burnt, I blame the wife as I asked her go get tha sunscreen but her insistant reply was you'll be fine! next is i bought a bottle of local brand rum yesterday while in town cause i couldn't get bundy. well frig me i got a headache this morning, turns out the rum here is all overproof and i'm drinking it like its plain bundy. thought it seemed good lol. Brought laptop to play with while young fella is having his nap. boy that kid has the fiji women sorted, little bugger has them all over him.

The city is fine, it's the people in the city that are the problem.

You went to the GP? We get marquee tickets offered to us every year and I still can't bring myself to go to that race. Once upon a time the V8's would have been a draw card for me but even they don't compel me these days. I'd much rather go to a bit of dirt track racing even if it's just a small event.

The city is fine, it's the people in the city that are the problem.

You went to the GP? We get marquee tickets offered to us every year and I still can't bring myself to go to that race. Once upon a time the V8's would have been a draw card for me but even they don't compel me these days. I'd much rather go to a bit of dirt track racing even if it's just a small event.

Your gettin to old & unsociable ya poor sod.

Never mind the city folk, we make our own fun/day, we got grandstand seats for free and the boss tipped in and payed for all our food & booze and then the the eye candy...
well what can i say....
this old boy had a great day away from the daily grind/wifey and sprogs.....

as for the racing, well I am and will be always a "revhead hoon" from way back till I'm six foot under.

and whats more.. I'm back in today to the alfred for my pre-admissin check re my prostate biopsy....fun!

:cheers!:

I'm not that unsociable I let Woody buy me a beer when I go to the big smoke. But Woody isn't officially a Melbournian (I actually lived in Melbourne for longer than Woody has) so he doesn't count as a problem.

I'm into most forms of racing and been to many race events, we actually grew up watching Murray Carter race and build touring cars from his Morrabbin garage but I don't like the big and brassy bullshit of the larger and international events. Small meets, local racing and a chance to get more involved was always what we went for.

Apologies but I'm busy busy busy trying to make a design that just isn't working, also trying to decide whether it's worth paying $450 to fix an 8 yr old rear projection TV that's already shit itself once or just bite the bullet and get a 55 inch LED for $1500

What band mate

I only buy Panasonic these days.

Not a fan of Samsung at all.

Current tv is a Philips but if I buy a new one it's pretty much a no name from my suppliers but considering there is only about 3 different brands of panels out in the market place it's not like brand names really worry me. It's pretty much the same stuff that JB rip off and I've sold about 20 set top boxes and PVR's with the of the same brand name and they offer 12 months pick up from anywhere and replace warranty. It's just a pain in the arse getting rid of the old one.

I'm not that unsociable I let Woody buy me a beer when I go to the big smoke. But Woody isn't officially a Melbournian (I actually lived in Melbourne for longer than Woody has) so he doesn't count as a problem.

I'm trying to work out if that is meant to be a compliment, or a dig at me ...

hmmn ... i'll decide after a few more beers - it is friday afterall.

I'd never compliment.....oops I obviously meant to say insult you...silly keyboard types what it wants to sometimes.

Besides I did say you didn't count as a problem, can't get much more complimentary than that.

A guy I use to work with is an electronics freak. I remember him saying all the tv's he is fixed, there is only 3 makes of picture tubes etc.

There power supplies are the usual thing to go in the cheap tv's.

My old man used to fix colour TV's (the company he worked for brought the first colour tv's into Aus that how long ago it was) and he used to say the same thing and apparently with the intro of flat panels it's not a great deal different. My tv has blown the convergence chip and it's the second time it's done it. It's not the sort of part I can get easily even if I wanted to fix it myself and the tv mob reckon it's a minimum $450 for them to fix.

Back