Random Chat Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sick of being a taxi driver so I suggested (repeatedly) that SWMBO get a bloody license: the Navara is "too hard to drive", she demands an automatic car to learn in. I've been yearning for the rumble of a V8, so here's the result:

Fairlane_004.jpg

'78 Fairlane with a 351C.

Fairlane_002.jpg

Fairlane_005.jpg

That'll teach her to call the Navara "too hard to drive" :big_smile:

lol Dion that's great. I wish I could get rid of the charade then my mrs might learn to drive the Nav.

Geez Dion you really are a sucker for punishment. I know of a few auto grave yards (for want of a better term) you could come down and pick a new car every week to restore.

Thats gonna hurt the wallet.

A carby V8.

True. It's on gas too. I'm tempted to run straight gas. Depends what it costs to get the heads converted.

Looks clean as.

A deceased estate ?

Looks can be a bit deceiving. Not a deceased estate as far as I know.

Geez Dion you really are a sucker for punishment. I know of a few auto grave yards (for want of a better term) you could come down and pick a new car every week to restore.

I don't know about "restore"... the rust and broken trim can stay, this is just about getting it working and roadworthy.

Mine knows cool when she sees it, she's with me after all :sarcastic:

D21's and clapped out Fairlane's.....doesn't really give you a glowing reference in the cool stakes Dion :ha:

But atleast it's not a D22 I suppose.

Just got my Superannuation statement for the last 6 months. Well bugger me, it's increased for the first time in a couple of years.

Thanks Julia. All the crap you talk, running the country like shit and the indecision must be doing something.

Mine's been rising steadily for the last 4 years, the rise hasn't been as good as it should have been over the last 18 months or so but I'm not giving any political party kudos for the rises.

Mine's been rising steadily for the last 4 years, the rise hasn't been as good as it should have been over the last 18 months or so but I'm not giving any political party kudos for the rises.

True. I don't think the witch has anything to do with it.

On to something far more important. I have a new washing machine, compliments of all the Western Australian tax payers. Thank you all.

I don't need a new washing machine but if the tax payers are handing things out they can send one over here, I'll hock it on ebay or something. Atleast you're taking some of the money from my in-laws, it saves them spending on useless crap like clothes and make up.

Just got my Superannuation statement for the last 6 months. Well bugger me, it's increased for the first time in a couple of years.

Thanks Julia. All the crap you talk, running the country like shit and the indecision must be doing something.

Wait till you get your next one. The arse has fallen out of the stockmarket and my super has already dropped and looks like continuing down. :rant:

Market research -

Uni group project, brief is to design and CAD a complete V8 two-door coupe based loosely on the BA Falcon GT. Majority of you fellas are in the target market.

Thoughts, comments, rip it to bits etc. PLEASE.

DSC_0005.jpg

It would be ok if it wasn't based on a Falcon? <----positive advice :ha:

Not really my ideal vehicle but I know a few people who'd definitely consider a new coupe, I even know one guy who would buy it because of the Ford badge.

The nose looks a bit BMW-ish which is what Holden seem to be doing these days too (is it any wonder BMW are making a ute?) and there is some shades of the past with the styling which can only be a good thing especially if it was painted white with blue stripes.

Email Alan Moffett see what he thinks he might go all nostalgic at the thought.

I think it needs a wheel alignment mate, that front left wheel looks a little out and the rear axle looks like it's skewed to the left, like the right leaf has let loose.

Seriously, I think it's a great idea. Are you just creating a new body on top of a Ford chassis, or are you completely building chassis and all and just using a Ford V8 drive train?

If it's just the body you're somewhat limited, but if you can do the chassis as well, you can make it a real muscle car and widen it, flatten it and, well, almost "Dodge Viper" it. There's something about the exterior look of the Viper that just speaks power, the fact that it also has some of the largest balls in the motoring market is beside the point - it has the LOOK.

And looks are 90% of the thing. If the car has all the appearance of a wheeled ugly stick, you are not going to touch it regardless of what size engine it has. But something that looks the part is going to sell well.

Take a look at the two-door Falcon (XA, XB, XC). Same model as the 4-door but it has the "shoulders" that look aggressively powerful and the car is completely different. Look at the Corvette Stingrays - "muscular" bulges around the vehicle and an instant head-turner, in my mind much more so than the similar period's Camaro or Pontiac Firebird.

Depends what you want from it, I suppose.

Thanks guys. Every opinion helps us out.

The brief is a bit short on details, my understanding is that we start with the BA GT, and anything we want to change can be changed but we can leave things the same to reduce workload - there's twelve of us, but CADing a whole car and building a clay model in eight weeks is a pretty tall ask when we have three other subjects too. So chassis can change, powertrain can change, etc. If we want.

My uncle used to work on and race cars with Murray Carter in the days of Moffatt's 1-2 Falcon finish at Bathurst they spent a lot of time working on XA's and XB's in Morrabin and he also spent quite a few years driving both a "cobra" van and coupe. If Ford came up with a design like the above with the idea of building it he'd be the sort of guy who would be hunting down the first on off the production line.

Just seen this Dion.

The turret looks to short.

Fords and commodores are longer wheel bases compared to Civics etc.

The pic looks the same length as a Integra.

Other then that. Well done.

Back