Raptor Spray from Ebay

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrew191171

Reaction score
Hi all,
Has anyone tried getting the Raptor tub liner spray shipped to Aust from ebay. It is cheap and easy via ebay but want to make sure customs don't stop it.

there was a diy tread about this somewhere. you could always use stone guard. that's what the panel beater next door to work said he uses

Stone guard wouldn't last anywhere near as long though. It would chip a lot the way a tub gets treated.

there was a diy tread about this somewhere. you could always use stone guard. that's what the panel beater next door to work said he uses

Stone guard will turn to crap real quick in a ute tub it's to soft. Raptor is an awesome product. Once it cures it's hard as rock and is super resilient to scratching and chipping. We do a lot of restoration work in the panel shop I work at and we use it on the undercarriages to seal them off. Looks very tidy and is very easy to apply.

Stone guard will turn to crap real quick in a ute tub it's to soft. Raptor is an awesome product. Once it cures it's hard as rock and is super resilient to scratching and chipping. We do a lot of restoration work in the panel shop I work at and we use it on the undercarriages to seal them off. Looks very tidy and is very easy to apply.
X2

I worked in the Smash repair industry for many years as a spray painter and rep and Stone guard is only designed to be a soft base so stones bounce off. It's not designed to go in the back of Ute tub etc.

Raptor dries like concrete and is designed to go in Ute tubs and be belted around. It's a brilliant product but like any product it will only work and last as good as the prep work underneath. If it's not prepared properly it can chip and flake.

BTW when buying products such as this and automotive paints etc also buy locally. What most people don't know is the make up of paints, binders, clears, hardeners are designed for the country there sold in. For example our paints have a lot more UV stabilizers in them then many other countries because of the harsher enviroments we have here.

Cheers Mick.

^ what's the finish look like? If it looks good I'd be interested in coating some bar work with it too (and perhaps even the trailer).

^ what's the finish look like? If it looks good I'd be interested in coating some bar work with it too (and perhaps even the trailer).

Looks better than what i've seen from Rhino lining IMO. Depends on how you set the gun. Very little preasure will give you a chunky finish. Higher preasure a more even and less gluggy look. If your tray hasn't got mass carnage dents and gauges then a lighter smoother coat will look better.

Mask the vehicle off really well cause what ever it lands on once its dry it is very hard to remove. Including carport walls and floor if your doing it at home!

This is it in my last ute (gotta change my display pic I think still the old one)

cp5610880992840456827.jpg

Back