Rear Diff grinding

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneMofo

Reaction score
Hey fellas,

Bought a 2008 D22 ST-R and still running a million mods, ( i love modding stuff ) the only issues i have with the new unit is that the rear diff doesn't like tight turns on the road, there is a bit of a grinding noise from the diff area on tight turns but im thinking its just the LSD, any thoughts??
While i`m on the topic was speaking with a friend of mine and he was saying the yanks came up with a locking system they used in their hummers in A/Stan which is spring loaded, no hoses no compressor was wondering if anyone knew the brand name of it?? as i may do my rear diff one day soonish.

Cheers Steve

Do a oil change, might have wrong grade of oil in it. Those auto lockers are called lokka, have a search on here a few people have them

Mine had the same symptoms around 6 months ago. Since changing the oil and adding some lsd additive its perfect. No issues since.

Sure its not the just the tyres churning? - a sign of a good solid lsd. Change your oil anyway, use a good quality lsd oil.

Just a quick up date gents, i threw some new oil in the diff last night and now its running like a dream, the grinding noise has gone. i suspect that the oil had never been changed the car clocked over 150k now. Thaniks for the input fellas.

Glad to hear the diff is all good. Funnily enough, mine had done similar k's when that same noise developed.

Latest posts

Back