Rear seats removed for shelf

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJK

Reaction score
Hi all, i'm after some pictures from the those of you who have removed the rear seats in there navs and replaced with a shelf to hold a fridge and whatever else.

I'm looking into doing this myself and just want some ideas.. want something pretty easy to build and i'd like to be able to swap seats for shelf and back when heading away and when home.

Cheers.

Can't help with ya seat bud, but I'm hanging to see how this body lift come up on ya rig as I'm keen as shit to do this to mine. Just want to see how yours looks first as its the same colour with similar accesarys. Good luck with it ! If u could take some pics along the way would be really appreceated cheers

Yeah I can't wait! Giving it a crack on Saturday with a mate. Hopefully can get it done with out and dramas. Will try and get some pics along the way.

I have removed my rear seats and had a setup in there with the fridge, battery and some camping gear but I didn't make it strong enough!!

So I am not in the process of making one with a steel frame and using the seat belt bolts and seat frame bolts to hold it down. I think I may have made it a little to strong but I'm am crossing the Simpson in a couple of weeks so It will get a workout!!

It's got the fridge behind the driver with an agm sealed battery in front of it and On the other side a rack for my two storage boxes and two Jerry cans that will be plummed together as water storage bething them!

I'll try to take as many progress pics as I can.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370606017367.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370606017367.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 635
  • uploadfromtaptalk1370606211569.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370606211569.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 590
  • uploadfromtaptalk1370606227584.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370606227584.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 492
  • uploadfromtaptalk1370606238769.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370606238769.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 522
That was how I built my first one but I used 2mm aluminium flat for brackets and it only made half of one of m trips. Each time I hit a bump a horrendous banging noise was coming from the rear of the car and we couldn't work out what it was!! Until I got home and was unpacking and I lifted it out with the fridge!!

Px0FT2U.jpg

here is mine mate, basic shot - only took a couple hours to knock up

1200mm x 750mm for the top, 750mm x 190mm for the front - used 12mm ply and some L shaped shelf brackets to mount it up - mine also attaches to the seat hinge bracket

Also another note, I can still have my seats as far back and almost completely reclined with that size top. That was also as low as I could get it. Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but its certainly the simplest and its an easy one man job getting it in and out with no need to actually pull it apart to get it out

Yeh looks neat as, I knocked something quick up last week. Used it with the fridge over the long weekend camping and did exactly what I was after.

Latest posts

Back