Recall For Alloy Wheels

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My truck goes in on next week for a couple of warranty items and they called me back about the rims. As mentioned above they place dye on the rims and then wash it off, if cracks are evident rims replaced on the spot. The interesting thing was that she said that if no cracks show up rims will still be replaced once Nissan have enough stock - could take 12 months though.
By the sounds of it, if your VIN is in the range you will be getting new rims, it's just a matter of when.

Recall letter arrived yesterday, confirming what I mentioned above i.e. new rims inside 12 months.

got my letter today, I've checked my rims myself and no evidence of cracks, so I 'll try to wait till the rims are in stock so I only have to go once, not too bad, new wheels on a 4 year old car.

I've heard from a reliable source that there's going to be a recall for Spanish-built D40s with both 16" and 17" alloy rims.

Apparently they're cracking down near the wheel nuts. 29,000 vehicles are supposed to be affected.

Nissan Australia are likely to announce the recall once they've obtained enough replacement rims, I guess. The Aust Gov Recall Website doesn't list it yet.

Until then guys, it might be wise to reach down and check your nuts. You don't want to see any cracks near them ... wait, what on EARTH am I saying???

Hi Tony, yep i recieved a letter from nissan 2 days ago regarding my old series 1 d40 which i no longer own so it won't affect me, hope the new 550 wheels are better.

cheers
worm..

they have to clean the wheel and spray dye on to check for cracks. now they get to clean off the brake dust :)

bugga, I now have 8 rims. I hope they replace all 8?

I will be thoughtlessly pissed if they don't.

ust spoke to Nissan customer service and they stated that all my alloys (all 8 of them) will be checked and replaced. Hope its not a bun fight when it gets to the dealership.....

I went to book the Nav in today to have the rims inspected only to be told by the service manager that the shop is not going to tie its workshop up doing menial tasks like rim inspections. He then went on to say i'll have to send the car to their back up workshop that no one sends their car to cos they are shit.

You got to love Pilbara customer service :suicide2:

I wonder how menial it is if the rim lets go. You certainly won't think so. If the rim lets go and takes a bounce into his loungeroom and nails him in the nadgers while he's passed out watching the footy he won't think so either.

spoke to nissan today they told me it take 4 hr per set to inspects they reckon have to apply 3 different chemicals drying time and cleaning

No of course not because while they are charging Nissan Aust 3 hours labour for the inspection they are also charging customers an hourly rate for the same tech to do a service.

spoke to nissan today they told me it take 4 hr per set to inspects they reckon have to apply 3 different chemicals drying time and cleaning

My local dealer quoted 90 mins to do 8 wheels.... glad he's getting the truck for the whole day.....

I think some of the poms are quoting 1 hour time frames for 4 wheels, but that doesn't surprise me, it always takes longer for things to get done in this country.

had mine checked today.all fine,will get letter to replace all 9 within 12 months,not a bad deal...

I had all mine replaced o the spot.

Looked in the tub the next day (wife picked up the truck from Nissan) and there are my old wheels cracks and all sitting in the boxes that my new ones came in.

So i got 4 new ones and got my old crap ones back, cheap bastards now i have to pay to get rid of them.

Latest posts

Back