Recall on Navara Wheels

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John C

Reaction score
Afternoon all
Has anyone had their recall notice regarding alloy wheels. When last talking to Nissan Australia I was informed recall notices would be going out mid to late June, so was just curious if anyone has received one

John

No I haven't but going but years I wont either, however there is already a thread relating to this which you could have used.

Nah that's for Nissan to check out, if the recall is meant to happen they will contact me I'm not preempting anything buy guessing VIN's because they are a range not all vehicles in the range will be effected and I don't want to get all hot under the collar about something that may not concern me.

Just got my recall letter....interesting bit is that they are going to replace the wheels no matter what....crack or no crack.

The notice says:
1. Should a crack be found, all wheels will be replaced immediately.
2. If OK, the wheels will be replaced as soon as we have sufficient stock.

Got to be happy with that.....hoping I'll get 5 as I negotiated a 5th alloy as part of my initial buy deal.

Ditto Pete
Got mine today
Collecting Recalls on the fridge at the moment lol
Still havent had mine in to get the front end recall done yet

I wonder what they will do with wheels that have been painted?

Just spoke to Nissan customer service and they stated that all my alloys (all 8 of them) will be checked and replaced. Hope its not a bun fight when it gets to the dealership.....

how do u find out if your navara is subject to recalls?

i bought my 09 titanium second hand from a dealer i doubt i would receive the letters as i am not original owner

But was it a Nissan dealer?

Anyway the recalls, website will have the VIN range and if yours fits in you can contact Nissan. There is a thread here titled something similar to this one (search for "recall") and it has the official recall notice pasted in it.

Failing that you can just go into a Nissan dealer or ring them and make a booking, whether you are the first owner or 40th they can't knock you back on a safety recall.

Just rang my dealer and was informed that my nav is not in the recall. I have a Navara ST-X Duel cab Build date 09/2008 and yet my vin No is in the middle of the range that nissan Australia give. Dealer said will check and ring back I am still waiting. Supprise, Supprise

John

I think the recall says that not all vehicles in the VIN range are effected (atleast it did last for the bonnet recall) so your dealer might be right.

Rang Nissan Dealer - Main north Nissan Adelaide.

Will only clean and inspect rims at this stage. Can only do the 4 rims that were on the vehicle originally, the other 4 rims I have as I don't have the VIN from the Nav they were originally on, need to ring Nissan Care. It is an issue I don't know what rims were on the vehicle originally.

Rang Nissan Care - their response- notices sent out will be staggered (don't ring dealer until you get the notice) (how does get Fed sound *my thinking*) and the dealer is meant to inspect all rims with affected part numbers. See back of the rims for part numbers. Then ring dealer

Certainly not happy with either response, I daresay if I took all my rims into main north Nissan they will look at all on them. Still really disgruntled with Nissan Care response, where you are not meant to ring dealer before getting the notice. That is disgusting.

Latest posts

Back