Rec's where to Buy Canon 600D?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bought the missus a 600D from JB HiFi at Pac Fair on the goldy.
What i got:
600D Twin Lens kit
3 years extended warranty (total of 4 years with the manufacturers)
16Gb Extreme SD card
Over the shoulder backpack
Total - $1439 - paid most of it in cash.

I read today that the mark up is 37% in australia compared to america. It was in todays paper, i think it was the the 60d model for around the $700 mark compared to over $1000 australian retail.

Alright bumping this up. I've been offered some photography courses dirt cheap so I'm taking advantage of it. Meaning I need a camera and one that will last longtime. The Canon 600D took my eye bigtime when I was hunting around. So I got a price from Harvey Norman.

Twin lens kit 18-55, 55-250
Body
Bag
Extended Warranty which is Harvey Norman warranty not manufacturer
SD card 16gb
Can't remember all of it

For total price just on $1400

Good deal or do i keep looking around?

It's a good camera. The base price is something like $715 (do a google search for it by clicking on THIS LINK). A little way down the page you'll see the shopping links.

Those cameras may not include the extra lens or carry case. When I went shopping for mine (the 15Mpx 500D) I was offered it (with both lenses) at JB HiFi for about $1300 and at Domayne (like Harvey Norman) at $900-odd.

It does pay to shop around.

Alright bumping this up. I've been offered some photography courses dirt cheap so I'm taking advantage of it. Meaning I need a camera and one that will last longtime. The Canon 600D took my eye bigtime when I was hunting around. So I got a price from Harvey Norman.

Twin lens kit 18-55, 55-250
Body
Bag
Extended Warranty which is Harvey Norman warranty not manufacturer
SD card 16gb
Can't remember all of it

For total price just on $1400

Good deal or do i keep looking around?

Go into JB HiFi they've been having 20% off sales on cameras lately and they also beat the Harvey Norman price when I was looking for a lens recently.

Also if you one of those internet savvy people with no issues ordering from overseas this place has the 600D twin lens kit for $843 at the moment. Free shipping and insurance plus a 1 year aussie warranty.

http://www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au...paign=Deal of the Day: Free Priority Shipping!

Gotta weigh up if buyin local and having the support is worth the extra for you. I have a canon 400D and 40D both quite few years old now and have never had issues with either of them. SLR's are pretty reliable these days.

Last edited:
I bought a 400D off eBay as a grey import 5 years ago. Served me very well and still goes great to this day. Sold it on earlier this year to clear out my junk. Bought a 5DmkII start of last year. Frickin brilliant.

soi went to the dwdigital site that was posted and took off a few things that i wont be needing yet

Canon EOS 600D Twin kit with 18-55 IS II and 55-250mm IS Lens
Transcend 8GB Class 10 SDHC Card X 2 $76.00 AUD
Extra MP LP-E8 Battery $30.00 AUD
Generic E2 hand strap $22.00 AUD
Canon EW-60C Lens Hood $19.00 AUD
Canon RS-60E3 remote switch $38.00 AUD
Mini-HDMI to HDMI Cable $20.00 AUD
Deluxe Camera and Lens Cleaning Kit $26.00 AUD
LCD Screen Protector $5.00 AUD
58mm Marumi DHG Super CIR-PL CPL Filter x 2 $114.00 AUD
DSC - Mack Diamond 3 Yrs Tot Intl. Wrnty. (1806) $126.00 AUD
First Lens - Mack Diamond 3 Yrs Tot Intl. Wrnty. (1804) $74.00 AUD
2nd Lens - Mack 7 Years Total Intl. Wrnty. (1017) $30.00 AUD

total price of $1423 posted to my address

soi went to the dwdigital site that was posted and took off a few things that i wont be needing yet

Canon EOS 600D Twin kit with 18-55 IS II and 55-250mm IS Lens
Transcend 8GB Class 10 SDHC Card X 2 $76.00 AUD
Extra MP LP-E8 Battery $30.00 AUD
Generic E2 hand strap $22.00 AUD
Canon EW-60C Lens Hood $19.00 AUD
Canon RS-60E3 remote switch $38.00 AUD
Mini-HDMI to HDMI Cable $20.00 AUD
Deluxe Camera and Lens Cleaning Kit $26.00 AUD
LCD Screen Protector $5.00 AUD
58mm Marumi DHG Super CIR-PL CPL Filter x 2 $114.00 AUD
DSC - Mack Diamond 3 Yrs Tot Intl. Wrnty. (1806) $126.00 AUD
First Lens - Mack Diamond 3 Yrs Tot Intl. Wrnty. (1804) $74.00 AUD
2nd Lens - Mack 7 Years Total Intl. Wrnty. (1017) $30.00 AUD

total price of $1423 posted to my address

Thats quite a list still! Doesn't look like you took anything off! :sarcastic:

A few of those things you could get cheaper from ebay or locally if you don't mind the hassle of seperate orders. For example you can get 16gb memory cards a lot cheaper from umart over at eight mile plains.

http://www.umart.com.au/pro/products_listnew.phtml?id=10&id2=112&bid=5&sid=67002

Last edited:
Rusty, you might find that E2 handstrap requires/only works if you also purchase a BG-xx batter grip for the camera as well.

Also have a look at the digital camera warehouse in Brisbane. My mate Kane Gledhill works there, he might be able to get you a deal.

Rusty, you might find that E2 handstrap requires/only works if you also purchase a BG-xx batter grip for the camera as well.

Also have a look at the digital camera warehouse in Brisbane. My mate Kane Gledhill works there, he might be able to get you a deal.

thanks josh ill try hunt him down. is that on ipswuch rd annerly?

im yet to go to a few more places before a swing my cash out for the camera. thanks for the headsup on the hand strap. i think i may yet get rid of it as i am only wanting the neck strap which im pretty sure comes in the box already.

Rusty

Latest posts

Back