Relay looking box under passenger seat

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pirate

Reaction score
Hi
Im looking for A wire to power my UHF and i want to put it under the passenger seat as i have a remote head unit model.
I can see a thing that looks a bit like a relay with some wires can i tap into here to get the power? does anyone know what that is for?
I have a 2012 d22..
Cheers

mate it could either be the pressure sensor for air bag or to do with the pre tensioner for seat belt i wouldnt touch it

Yeah as above, I'm pretty sure its the airbag computer... Just run the wiring under the center console to the cigarette lighter

Yeah the box under the passenger seat is the air bag sensor for sure. The best way to wire in a UHF or CB is to give it it's own power supply direct from the battery if possible. This cuts down the chance of noise interfering with the UHF from the cars alternator etc. that's just my thoughts though. If the other guys are tapping into other wires and not getting any problems then go for it. Just make sure the wire can handle at least four amps. They don't draw much power when turned on but once you transmit they need a good power supply.

Cheers

Thanks guys I have wired it up direct to the battery with 7.5amp cable.
The head unit is screwed into the bottom of the seat and the handpiece holder is screwed onto the left hand ashtray, looks nice and tidy.

Latest posts

Back