Remove second battery.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elvis

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 2008 2.5ltr Nav. It has two battery's under the hood. Was wondering if its possible to remove the second battery. I would like to move it to the tub if I can. Mainly so I have a bit more room under the hood to put my provent catch can. The main thing is to remove the battery. I'll install it in the tub later.

Cheers.

I thought 2008 models only have one cranking battery? what does the VIN start with JN or MN?

if you have twin batteries from the factory they are both cranking batteries
simply remove and terminate the active from 2nd battery
make sure it is terminated and sealed properly
i terminated mine with a fitting from jaycar where it went back into wiring loom and covered it with a roll of rescue tape,also from jaycar
2 yrs on its still fine

I didn't think the JN vins had a standard dual battery only the MN vins had the 2nd cracker. Sparta have you got any pictures of what you did to yours?

Here are some pics of battery and tailgate.

2013-01-09152623_zps5aebf688.jpg

2013-01-09152605_zpsf3ffaaf0.jpg

Did you buy the car second hand? Sounds like you have an after-market dual battery system in your 2008 Jap build.

Yea all the ones with VINs starting JN have a single cranking battery, I guess first step is to find the isolator and reroute any cables.

Here are some more pics of the wiring of my battery set up. I have no idea what the isolator looks like. Might be in one of these.

2013-01-09173807_zps9d508b8c.jpg

2013-01-09173725_zps437bdd6c.jpg

2013-01-09173747_zpsd91069c1.jpg

Mate,

None of those are isolators, the small silver item is a auto reset breaker and the black item is a relay. I cannot under stand why a relay is in a dual battery system. Got anymore pictures of both batteries which are under the bonnet? We may be able to see the isolator with a full underpinned view or a shot of the area surrounding the batteries more

Rusty

Thanks Rusty I will have a better look in the morning see what I can find. I have taken the second battery out the Nav starts fine.

Latest posts

Back