Removing the muffler 3" exhaust

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mannnick

Reaction score
Hi guys

This could be a stupid question but...... i have a 3" exhaust and its not loud enough, i was thinking of cutting the muffler out and welding a 3" pipe to replace it but it seems easier to just cut the muffler out and have the exhaust dumping at the front of the rear doors. This essentially is doing the same thing. the only difference is the exhaust fumes are exiting at the rear doors instead of the rear of the car?

Any advice would be good

Cheers

I think its got to exit past the rear door too be legal
My 2&3/4 is loud with no muffler
Don't think I would want it exiting that close to cab

I think its got to exit past the rear door too be legal
My 2&3/4 is loud with no muffler
Don't think I would want it exiting that close to cab

Ahh that's something i did not consider about the noise. Nice one bud

Cheers :)

Not actually true has to finish behind the cab not behind the tub, the new amarok has its exhaust finish before the rear axel way before the end of the rear tub and only just after the cab

In Queensland I know it is something like 6inches past the nearest opening, so it has to be past the rear door. Also the heat from it around the gearbox might not be a good idea. If you want it shorter just have it exit to the right behind the rear door.

I have a 3inch straight through and it is loud but no where near a petrol engine, the airbox makes more noise than the exhaust on my ute.

i have put a cat back exhaust on my D40 and made no difference in sound. removed the muffler and still no difference in sound.

I have been told you need to change the standard cat to have any hope of noise

i have put a cat back exhaust on my D40 and made no difference in sound. removed the muffler and still no difference in sound.

I have been told you need to change the standard cat to have any hope of noise

I have 2 1/2" cat back with no mufflers and only a slight bit of noise as well.
I would look at doing the dump pipe with a high flow cat before removing the muffler

Latest posts

Back