Replace Head unit with gps head unit question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbblitz

Reaction score
Good Morning everyone,

Just a quick question. i have a st-r 2009 standard head unit. The single 1u one.

i want to replace it with this

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nissan-C...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item33701cbb85

I have attached a photo with the plugs that are coming out of the car and they look like they match.

Does anyone have a manual on the actual wires so i can compare with the head unit online so i know the connectors will work.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 252
I rolled down to super cheap on bought the female adapter plug then soldered the wires to new unit plug as they're same colours, then bought the aerial adapter aswell.

If you look on ebay you can buy the ISO adapter plug to connect the two connectors together. Saves cutting the original wires in case you go back to standard.

That system looks great!

What I don't get is the marketing spin about being specifically designed for Nissan... it's just a double din unit, which will fit any car with a double din area...

Anyone care to share a link to the ISO adapter?

B

That's just the one i picked out.

The reason it says NIssan is because it comes with a nissan plug set.

There is heaps of them. Just search ebay without the Nissan and there all there.

I have ordered it today so ill get it in one week so ill post some photos up on a how to section and give a review on the product.

I contacted them aswell and they said it will match up with the plugs that i have. Time will tell.

As soon as i have it ill fit it the same night.

Last edited:
I have this unit, better looking and cheaper then the one you posted.
I wouldnt bother with the TV function, my mates dosent work.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/220784923637

I bought a $20 adapter from autobarn. You will still need to do some splicing.
download this gu patrol reference guide, it has all the info on our head units.

http://www.video2000.com.au/zd30/ZD30 Y61 Reference Document - Colour.pdf

It can also be found on the patrol4x4 forum

http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/niss...ference-document-zd30-owners-look-here-31418/

That's just the one i picked out.

The reason it says NIssan is because it comes with a nissan plug set.

There is heaps of them. Just search ebay without the Nissan and there all there.

I have ordered it today so ill get it in one week so ill post some photos up on a how to section and give a review on the product.

I contacted them aswell and they said it will match up with the plugs that i have. Time will tell.

As soon as i have it ill fit it the same night.

I have a unit similar to this i purchased on Ebay from Digoptions.
The plugs shown in the photos are the same as the ones i used so you should be sweet. The radio will fit fine i did have to modify the original mounting brackets to make it line up ok. You may need to elongate some of the holes so that it lines up with that of the radio.
Check out my photo to see what mine looks like

Attachments

• IMG_2803.jpg
    IMG_2803.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 572
Those GPS head units can you get a sd card with all tracks loaded on it. im looking to install one in my d22. they do look great and if you can get a card with the tracks I'll will be getting one for sure

Those GPS head units can you get a sd card with all tracks loaded on it. im looking to install one in my d22. they do look great and if you can get a card with the tracks I'll will be getting one for sure

Definitely can mate. Most of these new gen units come with some sort of card slot, but more importantly most come with a USB slot so you can just shove in the USB stick loaded with whatever you want and off you go.

yeah you can. i've got one in mine and run ozi explorer ce on it, it works fine. you can normally set the file path for the gps program from the unit, so i have an sd card with normal street navigation software on it too and swap them over whenever i want

Thanks guys I'm so keen to get One. I guess I will have add it to my list of everything I want for my d22 haha.

Last edited:
yeah you can. i've got one in mine and run ozi explorer ce on it, it works fine. you can normally set the file path for the gps program from the unit, so i have an sd card with normal street navigation software on it too and swap them over whenever i want

Bods which head unit are you running. I just got rid of Polaris recently, so now looking for something else thats oziexplorer capable.
Theres digioptions and brash imports on ebay. Unsure on either of them atm.

I got one from eonon off eBay. It has a folding screen on it, so it sticks out a bit, but they do have flush mount ones, just a slightly smaller screen. Anything that has a windows ce based operating system will run it. I only got this one cause I ended up having the winning bid, otherwise I was mainly just looking at GPS units. For the price I think dig options are a bit rich, but I guess it depends if you don't mind buying from overseas. This one was $255 with free shipping and sygic sat nav with Australian maps. I just got another SD card to put ozi onto and stuck, maps with it. I have a navman too with ozi running on it but it is very limited with space and then having stuff hanging off the windscreen, etc. At least in dash its always there and ready to go when you need it...

Apparently you can get other sat nav programs and maps for it too, Tom Tom or Garmin or maybe both I think...

Latest posts

Back