replacement exhaust

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozsnow

Reaction score
OK guys, looking to replace the exhaust on my V6 and chasing advice.

What aftermarket exhaust have you fitted and why?

What improvement can you say the exhaust has made?

Cheers

Taipan. Bolt it on yourself. Or any other quality system will do.
I have never seen an exhaust pipe that is too large on a diesel turbo and if your towing or cruising at highway speeds in the hot parts of this country it helps keep things cool under the hood.
I suspect it also makes a hell of a roar at WOT judging by the reactions I get when passing little old ladies. I can't quite hear it myself over the crazy sucking noise I get through the snorkel and K&N filter....and my mates Hilux falls behind to quickly to video it for me! ;)

Ive been shopping the prices around for a week or two and found the pacemaker king brown was the best value for money in stainless. He may have given me a good deal tho as I just bought his race car.

The thing putting me off doing it at present is that all of the systems Ive shopped have required the dump pipe be changed. Ive looked at whats required for that and I reckon it would be the worst prick of a job I could think of!! Further more I wonder why they bother with that given the existing dump is 70mm...they replace it with 76mm tube.

Some of the fitters Ive spoken to dont want the job either as the stock O2 sensor is pretty muck made of glass they say...and breaks off easily

I also had the pacemaker fitted to my 550 and gained massive down low power and torque. I also had the ecu remapped to suit which is essential to get the proper gain from ur exhaust. PEAK power is up 30klw from standard but at 2000rpm where the 550's lack standard is up 60klw which is insane. I dnt no where taipan get there idea that the standard dump is 3 inch cause I measured mine at the turbo end and is only 50mm and at the far end of dump is 65mm. I think they haven't taken the time to remove a dump pipe to measure the inside diameter they hav measured the outside diameter which prob would b closer to what they r saying because the cast pipe is so thickly made.

the stock dump also has the cat in it. It was a pain to get to the nuts on the turbo. but I worked it out and belive it is a very much DIY job

Just wondering with your pacemaker system if when u load it up in reverse if the dump pipe vibrates against ur fire wall or is it only mine??? I think the only way to fix it being such a big pipe and lack of space to run it is to bash a dent in the fire wall where the pipe runs close. I can't see it would hurt anything by doing it cause there is nothing on the inside a small dent would effect. Interested to know if anyone else with other brand systems have experienced anything similar.

No knocks or rattles on mine. The only issue I encountered apart from the dump pipe being tough to fit fit was with having to extend the mid pipe 75 mm as I have an rad aux tank

Did you wrap your dump pipe in heat tape? They wrapped pretty much the whole length of the dump pipe in it maybe that has made it that bit thicker to squeeze threw the tight gap between the firewall and head cover. I'd think it needs it on there though I wouldn't like to be driving it with a hot dump pipe so close to the firewall.

Did you wrap your dump pipe in heat tape? They wrapped pretty much the whole length of the dump pipe in it maybe that has made it that bit thicker to squeeze threw the tight gap between the firewall and head cover. I'd think it needs it on there though I wouldn't like to be driving it with a hot dump pipe so close to the firewall.
If you wanted to avoid using heat wrap you could get the dump pipe ceramic coated. Probably cost a bit more, but it doesn't change the diameter of the pipe and it will last longer than wrap too.

I got it fitted along with the remap so I was unsure what they were gona use. I wasn't up for the challenge of fitting it after having a look at what was involved in getting the dump pipe off. So it's to late for me to ceramic coat it now cause I ain't taken it back off so don't know what to do. Maybe just put up with it now it's only in reverse😏

I had the dump triple layer ceramic coated inside and outside as it sits very close to the firewall. I then re used the stock heat blaket...no issues with any heat

just as a precaution...check your engine mounts as they might be allowing a bit of movement and cause the pipe to tap the firewall

Hi Guys and Gals,

Could anyone please tell me what the Exhaust flange looks like on the Back of the Turbo? or if anyone has an old Exhaust dump pipe,

Does anyone also know if you can run the V9X without a Cat, e.g.. Straight trough system without having any error code issues?

Regards Matt

Latest posts

Back