replacing d40 seats

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the problem is that your getting the evo 10

those seats are horrid, for a comfortable set u get the evo 7-9 seats they cost about 700-1000

to get the seats to fit forget about the rails..

re use the factory ones and just make the brackets..

its as simple as using 5mm plate steel bent to the required shape and welded, then bolted into the car.

in queensland, an engineer can pass them and as long as the welds are good and the brackets look strong they are all good..

all up to put the evo seats in it cost me 300

and thats why im going commo seats, they have a huge aftermarket potential for parts

ok, definatly no side airags in my seat... and looks like the seat bolts to the rails quite simply on the bottom... so going to buy some buckets tommorow and then deal with how i install them! may need some special brackets made up i expect as racing buckets would prob sit lower than 4x4 seats! but should be able to sort it out.

going with these... $179 each from autobarn on special.

Drift_blade_GreyGroup.jpg

done some quick reading and think i will remove the existing seats, and get 4 flat steel bars made up, drill some holes and bolt 2 along the existing rails, and then 2 from side to side and mount hte seat to those cross bars.

ill let u guys know how i go...

your the fist person i have herd of that finds the seats uncomfortable, normally people are looking for D40 seats to put in other rigs.......... (whispers) like those D22 blokes always wanting to get rid of there milk crates and put in real seats. Hey Scotty, Sparra ect lol

excuuuse me
i put a hilux sr5 seat in mine
:thank_you2:

got one in! but.... used the nissan rails and its sitting 50mm too high.

no idea how im going to get the drivers side lower, but its not acceptable at that high, cos the sides of the base are so bolstered it a pain in the arse to get in and out!

E9351679-6E9E-4770-AF5C-4AD0079A97DB-674-0000008243769405.jpg

Latest posts

Back