Replacing EGR valve

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnskip

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced their egr valve on a ZD30?
My 2002 Dx is showing a fault code for egr and Id like to replace it myself if I can.
when I bought it it had the blocking plate installed but the butterfly mod wasnt done.
Iv also noticed that if I turn the engine on and quickly drive off the engine warning light wounldnt come on but if I sat about letting the engine idle and then slowly (normally) drove off it comes on.

I can get a working secondhand valve for $30, hopefully getting rid of the warning light.

if its egr code it will be one of the valve windings has failed. thats all the ecu checks. simply swap it or it might be possible to fit a resistor pack in place of the valve. just measure the resistance of the windings and get a resistor to match. no idea on wattage tho.
may be able to get away with higher value resistors, just not sure on if the ecu checks for a ciruit or a current flow within a set range.

So would replacing the whole egr valve be better or can I open it up and just change the windings?
If I was to replace the egr valve, would it be a job for the mechanic or could I do it home?

changing the whole unit is the easiest.
with egr blocked you could just change the windings part or even just unplug the old one and plug the new windings in and tie it up some where (ie leave the old one in place)

Cheers for the info tweak'e, should be getting the new valve during the week so we'll see how it goes.

Latest posts

Back