Resale value

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

KraftyPg

Ok so none of us here really need convincing about which ute is better but lets face it we are constantly bombarded with Toyota heroes telling people how when the choice comes down to it Toyota's hold their resale value better than any other ute.

Well according to my Saturday night maths brain and RACV that appears to be a bucket of crap.

According to the RACV

Toyota HiLux SR DC 3.0l D
Onroad cost today $48,156
Trade in value after 5 years $18,597

Navara RX DC 2.5l D
Onroad cost today $47,060
Trade in value after 5 years $18,204

Forgetting whether the purchase prices are exactly right the way I read that is that the Nav will cost nearly $1100 less than the Yota but only sell for $400 less than the Yota in 5 years making the Nav $700 better than the Yota if only resale is taking into account.

Maybe I'm reading or adding something that's not there (give me a break if I am it's past my bed time :ha:) but I reckon that Yota drivers have been proven wrong again.

It's screwed up my money making plans though, I was so convinced that Yotas held their resale value so well that I brought 2000 Hilux's just to sell off in 5 years time, now like all Yota drivers it seems like I have been sucked in (which is different to being sucked o....never mind)

It's screwed up my money making plans though, I was so convinced that Yotas held their resale value so well that I brought 2000 Hilux's just to sell off in 5 years time, now like all Yota drivers it seems like I have been sucked in (which is different to being sucked o....never mind)

thats a hillbilly plan if i ever heard one:suicide:

and de nail is something you hammer in, kind of like common sense into a Yota driver.

The sad thing is that it's not just Yota drivers who think the sun shines out Roothy's arse. Going by the high resale value of Yotas Milo's probably worth $50K on an open market :sarcastic:

I don't give a toss about resale value. As I usually keep till the wheels fall off them. However one thing that does concerm me is price. The equivelent vehicle in the Toyota was 7K more expensive.That's the best deal i could do. To be honest (and probably be crucified for it) overall I think the Toyota is a slightly better thing but there is no way it is 7 grand better.

Righto Tappet get on! :big_smile:

lead-me-to-the-cross.jpg

I don't give a toss about resale value. As I usually keep till the wheels fall off them. However one thing that does concerm me is price. The equivelent vehicle in the Toyota was 7K more expensive.That's the best deal i could do. To be honest (and probably be crucified for it) overall I think the Toyota is a slightly better thing but there is no way it is 7 grand better.

ban ban ban. hehehe:sarcastic::sarcastic:

Back