Reset BCM

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the risk of being told I'm trying to out do someone or I'm bettering someone that comment is closer to the original topic, even if the topic was heading towards the absurd before you came in.

As far as the original topic goes it appears I don't need to do what I was considering. I was toying with the idea of resetting the BCM because it does have an extra load on it since I added the 5th actuator. Given the size cabling they use I know that load is minimal and probably not an issue but I thought it might have been one of those things like the ECU reset, can be done, may do something, may not, no harm done but it does appear that it's probably not needed and probably not a good idea.

If your worried about the extra load of the 5th actuator then you can always use relays from the original circuits to drive the last actuator.
An actuator is only an electric motor driving a gear set and will only draw large currents when they are in a full or heavy load position like say its trying to close when its already closed .
The BCM takes signals of 0 to 1v and turns that into switching of 12v .

I'm not really worried about the current because I brought cable that was good for about 10amps and more than twice the size of the stuff Nissan use so I'm figuring the current is fairly small. I probably should have measured amps to see what was being drawn but I only looked for volts because I just wanted to know which wires to pick up I might have assumed too much but since Nissan will do this for people at a cost I assumed they wouldn't replace heaps of parts and cables so I wouldn't have to either.

Latest posts

Back