RLIs Jayco off-road camper trailer!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G, day folks,

In the last lot of photos posted, note the crocodile shots, please do not be fooled that crocs do not swim in winter time, these were taken on the Jardine River in July.

PS, also note the crowds at the Tip of the Cape.

Regards,

RLI

:rambo:

Attachments

• IMG_0469.jpg
    IMG_0469.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0484.jpg
    IMG_0484.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0580.jpg
    IMG_0580.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0587.jpg
    IMG_0587.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0528.jpg
    IMG_0528.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 136
note the crocodile shots, please do not be fooled that crocs do not swim in winter time, these were taken on the Jardine River in July.

Please dont tell me that theres people dumb enough to think crocs dont swim in winter,

Please dont tell me that theres people dumb enough to think crocs dont swim in winter,

G, day Dave,

Mate, some of the stories we were told by the locals at Bamaga were astounding, tales of backpackers and other dick-brains risking their lives just for a quick swim or a ridiculous dare.

Unfortunately the gene pool is diluted with dick-brains! On a positive note, the ones the crocs nail give them an early meal in winter as well as correcting the gene pool. I guess that has to be a win/win situation!

Regards,

RLI

:shooter::deadhorse2:

Cruisemaster retrofit suspension kit!

G, day folks,

The following photos are the new Cruisemaster independent suspension being fitted at my mates steel fabrication business.

Regards,

RLI
:blingbling:

Attachments

• IMG_0900.jpg
    IMG_0900.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0899.jpg
    IMG_0899.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0904.jpg
    IMG_0904.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_0901.jpg
    IMG_0901.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_0902.jpg
    IMG_0902.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 183
Continue,

Wait theirs more!

Regards,

RLI

Attachments

• IMG_0903.jpg
    IMG_0903.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0905.jpg
    IMG_0905.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0906.jpg
    IMG_0906.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0909.jpg
    IMG_0909.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0910.jpg
    IMG_0910.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 155
Finally, da dah!

G,day folks,

Unfortunately the D22 rims that I sold to, then re-purchased back from forum member Joffo 81 did not fit. I f--ked up with my calculations regarding the offset, I had only 5mm play between tyre and the chassis rail. With the new independent suspension, the 5mm clearance was not enough to allow for correct wheel articulation when using the Jayco in an off road application.

After vigorously searching though the wreckers at Coffs Harbour, we finally stumbled upon a set of 16inch alloy wheels from a 2007 Mitsubishi Triton 4x4 dual cab (who said that these pieces of shit are not useful for something!)

Finally, I have fitted my old Pirelli Scorpions 265x75x16 tyres to the 16inch rims, remarkably these babies have clocked up 50,000ks and still have over 50% tread left. Also remarkable is the fact that these tyres started life with my 3 lt turbo diesel D22 dual cab 2 years ago, then twelve months later after writing off the D22 in a rollover accident, they then went onto my D40 and travelled to Cape York and Frazer Island. I then swapped the tyres from the D40 to the Nissan Patrol 4.2 turbo diesel when I sold the D40 in April this year.

I hope they serve the Jayco well!

All I have to do now is fit the new Jayco centre caps to the rims.:confused3:

Regards,

RLI
:confused3::saberfighting:

Attachments

• IMG_0914.jpg
    IMG_0914.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0917.jpg
    IMG_0917.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0915.jpg
    IMG_0915.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_0913.jpg
    IMG_0913.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_0918.jpg
    IMG_0918.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 163
Well done mate. Love the pics (even the Mistershitty rims)!

Thanks mate,

With the new entry and departure angles, I am looking forward to tackling both the Creb and Telegraph tracks again next August 2013.

Regards,

RLI

looks awesome with the new suspension and wheels mate.

Thanks LLadnar,

After witnessing what this Jayco did last year up at Cape York and Frazer Island. This baby demonstrated to me that I could retrofit this type of camper trailer into a genuine bullet proof (serious) off-road camper trailer weapon, with all the creature comforts to suit the wife and our two girls. More importantly all for under $20,000.00.

To get the equivalent with all the accessories this Jayco Hawk came with, i.e. Generator, hot/cold shower, battery pack, colour TV, full annex/awning, bag/ends, treg off-road hitch, stereo all cooking utensils etc, and now a new Cruisemaster independent suspension system. A set-up like this will set you back between $35,000.00 and $45,000.00.

PS, pull out the ends and wind-up the roof and as you are aware mate, we are set up in minutes. Too easy!

Regards,

RLI

with the extra height Paul do your wind down stablizer legs touch the fround now. It looks shit hot to mate. If you ever sell it ring me first.lol

G, day mate,

I will be replacing the wind down stabilizer legs with new Alco drop legs, a lot easier to use, stronger and far better fitment underneath.

PS Will post up photos of this mod soon.

Regards,

Paul (RLI)
:deadhorse:

RLI said:
Thanks LLadnar,

To get the equivalent with all the accessories this Jayco Hawk came with, i.e. Generator, hot/cold shower, battery pack, colour TV, full annex/awning, bag/ends, treg off-road hitch, stereo all cooking utensils etc, and now a new Cruisemaster independent suspension system. A set-up like this will set you back between $35,000.00 and $45,000.00.

PS, pull out the ends and wind-up the roof and as you are aware mate, we are set up in minutes. Too easy!

LoL.. Just payed $35,000 for my flamingo O/B, missus went mad on the options list (me too, got the 16x7 wheel upgrade). now start the mods. Ouch should have bought second hand.

that looks to be a very well built upgrade, The only problem is sometimes when you look at a setup like that, I start to second guess what i have and then it becomes costly. Some days i should,nt look, looks like the company who did the upgrade have made it so that if you didn,t know it you would think it was factory, well done

Great build up RLI
hopping to do the same or similar with a jayco finch.
Thanks for the info on the 2002/2005 having a stronger chassis and draw bars will have to look for one that age.
If you dont mind me asking how much did the Cruisemaster independent suspension system cost you.

Dunk

Latest posts

Back