road rage navara on today tonight

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It all depends what you want to record, if you just want to be like half the other nuftis who use the footage just in case (but predominantly to increase their youtube video collection of "look how bad this driver was" videos) then 720 might be acceptable.

For me I wouldn't go near one unless it had speed and gps readings of some kind otherwise you're only showing half the picture and for those who like speeding a camera that doesn't show speed is never going to get them off a speeding fine. But apart from that if involved in an accident the camera would back up the drivers claim they weren't speeding If they weren't.

i would of liked one for when the DI%K ran into me and then done the runner, at least then i would of got all of his number plate and not just three of the digits. The copers couldnt of sat back eating donuts with that kind of evidence

well something is better than nothing. would certainly help in a he said, she said situation.
i'd say 720p as a minimum, sound recording, recording loop and able to operate via 12v. gps/speed, motion detection, night vision would be extras that would be nice.

that one nathan posted looks the goods. $25 is bugger all.

I actually have a BlackVue HD400 in my truck for capturing just that sorta footage. It shows GPS track as well as time date and speed .
So far havent had to need the camera but have gotten some decent footage for car clubs etc

In an incident like yours the cops would more than likely have done about as much as they did, sure these cameras can help in accidents but people should realise that they are not an instant "prove me right", there is thousands of people who have taken footage to the cops and the cops have not used the footage.

I wouldn't say that camera is the exact one to get but yeah it does a lot more for things like insurance, speed detections etc than a cheap camera does,

Dash cam seems to be pretty big in russia. They must have heaps of looneys over there. Check out you-tube.

The main downside of a phone as a camera is it's storage capacity. I've seen plenty of road warriors who use an iPhone as a dash cam and while the pictures are adequate for youtube so they can point out other drivers short comings the situations need to be pretty obvious for them to produce good enough pics to help in an accident.

I had a similar thing happen to me in the 90's on Mooroduc Highway on the Mornington Peninsula. On my way home from uni a car with 3 guys in it cut me off and forced me onto the side of the road. I tooted my horn which was enough to set these guys off. They tried braking in front of me to get me to hit them and tried ramming me, very similar to what was shown in this clip. They eventually got me stopped in the right hand lane of a two lane highway with traffic coming up on me at 100 km/h. They got out and 1 of them had what looked like a baseball bat. At this point I was shitting myself. I had to drive around them on the median strip and one of them got hit by my car. They then chased me again.
I was lucky enough to have a mobile phone which at the time were nowhere near as common as they are now. I called 000 but because I was actually on the move they couldn't do a thing for me but tell me to go to the nearest police station, same as the operator in this case.
It's as scary as hell when it is happening to you. Unfortunately this is far more common these days even with hoon laws and so on.

Fvck that puts all Russian road rage videos on YouTube to shame!

Btw there's a guy on YT that reviews many things and one of them is in-car recorders..
He's a britt dude with a good sense of humour and goes into detail with his reviews..

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YeTcNzdbT8[/YT]

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4rwMV7hhaY[/YT]

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpJu5uwGlmE[/YT]

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X16kiyDtTms[/YT]

He has many more on his channel.

wow he must of had some sort of defence lawyer to only get 6months licence suspension and 2 year probation!!

I had a accident on the freeway about 6-7 yrs back and i was charged with drive in a manor dangerous and three other back up charges (just incase i beet the big one)

I still believe i wasnt even at fault as the other driver actually swerved into my lane where he clipped the tyre of the D22 and the only damage to my car was a scratch on the rim.

Anyway at the local court i was proved guilty of the manor dangerous and was given 12 loss of licence and 12 months weekend detention!!

All that was reversed under appeal but it shows the inconsistency within australian courts.

manor dangerous is a mandatory 12 months suspension, so how did he avoid that with the video footage?
that guy should off got allot more then that FFS!!

Last edited:
road rage is something that everyone has from time to time. But some people take it too. Far I got cut off at form one lane once where is young P plater in his r33 thought it be fun to try and push pasted my land rovern going into the wrong lane. I pushed the peddle down and the guy turned in to lane clipping my bull bar. The driver flood it wanting to get out of there asap. His Passages different matter hanging out the rear window yell and telling us to pull over, I went to school with the kids brother. Funny thing at the round-a-bout with the kid still hanging out the window passed a van in the van was the kids Dad. Not saying what I did was right because I should have let him go. But dose prove my point we all have road rage.

Don't know why we still persist in calling it a justice system in this country, that idiot in the navara should be in for attempted murder, life in prison, its people like that which we need to remove from society and the gene pool.

Back