Ronnies 88 D21 King Cab

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers roundy, and no I dont like to waste time when it comes to the truck:). Motors in and running beautifully, took it up to the old girls farm for a bit of a test run offroad, cruised around the recently dug dam and up on some dirt berms - was great fun! The mickey t's just ate it up.
Hopefully gonna get away soon for a trip, work sucks the big 1. Stoked to get it running nice and been copping some awe filled looks on the way to and from work since the lift n mickey t's! Oh and ill have to get some pics up soon when i can be f'd. Cheers guys

Hey guys, Been a while since last post...

So busy with work - the new business is taking off nicely so im thinking its time for some new mods, bullbar is at the top of the list.

I found a brand new one for a 2003 triton on gumtree for $300 that looks the goods so ill get some measurements and see if it will fit ok (not without a bit of fabrication work for the mounts no doubt) then snorkel , probably get it custom made and fitted. Local guy I know does good work for cheap$$.
After that I was thinking turbo charging and intercooling, Does anyone know if this has been done on the z24 with the standard head?

Id be interested to hear peoples thoughts.

Cheers :top:

After that I was thinking turbo charging and intercooling, Does anyone know if this has been done on the z24 with the standard head?

Yeah Timtams on this forum has/had one (it was for sale), running Z18 manifolds and possibly EFI

Yeah i remember now it was EFI though and I want to stick with my carby setup... will have to do some more scouting i think.

After some consideration ive decided against the turbo job, sounds like way to much trouble for little gain with a carby.
Since ive already had the engine rebuilt and fitted the webber carby im thinking of going with the snorkel through an airbox of some sort (threw the old one in the bin after fitting carby kit which came with its own setup) then fit some piping from the airbox into the throat of the carby via an adaptor plate that will sit in place of old filter and then getting a new extractor and exhaust system.
Hopefully with a good tune I should be able to drag some decent hp out of this cunt of a motor! :rock:

What about turbo and LPG Ronnie? Provided you get a second hand kit with a simple convertor/complex mixer, it's much simpler to set up than EFI and with similar or better economy and power?

Think I may just stick with the carby setup Dion, all starting to get a bit too expensive when u convert to LPG and then turbo on top of that.
I Bought the bullbar today, width looks spot on when matched to the front end by hand, got him down to $250 cash. Also bought a pair of terrano seats that will bolt straight in for $200 for the pair and the airbox out of the same terrano for the snorkel to run through for $50. Getting out of it pretty cheaply so far:)
I will post up some pics of the gear tomorrow after I get the seats steam cleaned.

Had some spare time today so I figured why not upload them now.

Bar side view
IMG_0333.jpg

Bar front view
IMG_0332.jpg

Seats side view
IMG_0331.jpg

Seats front view
IMG_0330.jpg

And some before pics to show the forthcoming transformation. I liked the last pic, the old with the new, pure co-incidence. We were doing a job in town and I walked out to the ute to get something and there it was:)

I WILL EET YO CHILREN!
IMG_0314.jpg

Glossy sunny arty pic.
IMG_0315.jpg

Old with the new.
IMG_0295.jpg

Thats a tidy old truck mate!

I like the D22 rims on it.... not really a fan of the 4 spoke rims but they look better on yours than the D22.... Good stuff :cheers!:

Troy

cheers troy, it gets me from a to b (slowly). ill happily trade it for yours if ur keen though! :sarcastic:

What Troy said.

Tidy truck for the age.

My bullbar has the same finish.

Keep the pics coming.

Dave: Im gonna get it sandblasted and powdercoated black and the stainless snorkel will be powder coated black aswell.

Might even put on some black sunraysia rims to top off the stealth look :rock:

Its all happening people, bar n snorkel going in on monday and should be ready wednesday arvo. Stay tuned for pics.

Couldnt get the grunter in on time for the bar n snorkel to go in so now I have to wait till the 17th.
My fault as I went to Parklife and was just a little hung over the next day :bad:

Will update with some pics once its finally done :rock:

lookin good mate. interested to see how the bar install goes, been lookin for something to put on mine.
:top:

Latest posts

Back