Running wires through firewall

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Figgy

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I have an 03 D22 and I'm wiring up 2 lightbars for it. One for the back and one for the front. I cant find a suitable place to run my wires into the cab for switches. I'm using 6mm dual core wire.
I'm hoping someone has had this issue before and found a way around it. There is 1 gromet that I ran my coax through but its not quite big enough.

Cheers in advance.

on my 2014 model d22 looking under bonnet from the passanger side at the firewall nearly behind the engine you will see a steel plate thats held on by 2 bolts, undo the bolts and the plate comes off leaving a good sized opening for wiring to go into the cabin under dash. you can drill a good sized hole in this plate to fit a rubber grommet then feed the wires through.

On my 03 D22 there are 2 rubber grommets in the firewall, one on the drivers side and one on the passengers side and I have my aerial cables running thru them.
you might have to cut the grommet a bit to get the cable thru.

On my 03 D22 there are 2 rubber grommets in the firewall, one on the drivers side and one on the passengers side and I have my aerial cables running thru them.
you might have to cut the grommet a bit to get the cable thru.

This is what I have done also ^

However i just wanted to mention you dont need 6mm wire running all the way to the switch! that is what relays are for

Latest posts

Back