rust protection

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navboi22

Reaction score
Got bored on the weekend, took the tub off and gave the nav a good rust protection spray. Did the tub and the Chassi as well.

awesome, how much work and time is involved in removing the tub ? Assuming that is a dual cab ?
And how many people does it take to actually lift the tub off once it's unbolted ?

cheers

awesome, how much work and time is involved in removing the tub ? Assuming that is a dual cab ?
And how many people does it take to actually lift the tub off once it's unbolted ?

cheers

Removing the tub is pretty easy takes about 20-30 minutes to undo all bolts, the one on the right side is a bit of a bitch because the tank is there and its hard to get to it. undo the wires that go to the tail lights and remove the 3 screws that hold in the fuel hoses. After that lift tub off, i had me and 2 of my mates here, with the 3 of us it was pretty easy, but id say 2 is enough but 3 is safer. than i just washed the chassi and the tub, waited a bit for it to dry and than sprayed the rust protection on it. all this was done by around 1pm. after that i gave it a second spray. left it to dry for the whole nite and sunday morning we put the tub back on and thats all it was. You can do this in 1 day. i just didnt need the car that day and waited till everything was bone dry.

Back