RustyNavs 2012 Cape York

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow amazing Russ, you did get to the CAPE! Sorry, just catching up with this trip report. I saw in one of the 4WD Action mags the CREB when it was all muddy, didn't look like much fun, was it dry when you went through?

How did the std rear bar handle all the steep drop offs etc?

Hey Ray
Everything was pretty dry. We had all the people in the towns telling us to avoid certain places so we did. We shouldn't have listened to them as it was all dry in the end of it.

The standard rear var added a few more dints to the tub. Luckily I'd I can convince the minister of war and finance the tub is coming off and an alloy tray going back on. Also a dx towbar and custom rear sliders.

Great pics Rusty, thanks for the memories.. did it up the Telegraph track about 30 years ago in 3.3L 6 diesel nissan patrol. Had my mum and dad and 7 year old with us . development road? Road? North of the Weipa turn off there was just the telegraph track back then LOL. Only problem snapped the front left main leaf spring think it was going down the track into cockatoo creek. jury rigged a temp fix and limped into Bamaga, stayed at the park at Seisia for 3 days waiting for parts to fly in from Cairns... there wasn't any private workshops back then.. but had help from guys in qld govt workshop to press the nylon bushes into the spring.

Ill try get some pictures up when the laptop is free. I used some good quality rectangle boxes from burnings to pack all the food and cooking gear. The roof contained recovery gear, 40L diesel fuel, oztent and accessories, fishing rods, camp chairs(won't be putting these on the basket again, chairs are stained from red dust), arb compressor and tackle box. Fair bit of gear but was evenly loaded to help with weight.

Rusty

Latest posts

Back