RustyNavs Tourer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recent purchase of new tjm xgs hd torsion bars to match up to the calmini uca. Also bilstein 4600 front shocks on the way from 4x4parts.com and also have braided brake lines from DieselTuners group buy. Hoping to recieve the new shocks this week or next. Then ill have to find a wknd j0im not woeking to rip out the front for a full upgrade.

Gonna be interesting days ahead

Hi Russ. I fitted a set of braided lines and did a full brake fluid flush today. I used a vacuum brake bleeder and found it a dream to use. $99 at repco. The only thing is you need to put a silicon grease on the threads of the bleed nipples to stop air from sucking in thru the treads. You don't realize how dirty the fluid is untill you start to suck it out. Looking forward to seeing your updates.

Cheers.

My welded captive nuts
IMAG0157-1.jpg

Other side after some black touchup
IMAG0158.jpg

Whole plate
IMAG0159.jpg

Cover plate bolted in place
IMAG0165-1.jpg

Got these exact same bash plates sitting under the car port at the moment, havent gotten around to bolting them on, couldnt you just cut the hole out to drain the sump and not have the little plate the youve bolted on, or you reckon that is best to have the for a little more protection?

Got these exact same bash plates sitting under the car port at the moment, havent gotten around to bolting them on, couldnt you just cut the hole out to drain the sump and not have the little plate the youve bolted on, or you reckon that is best to have the for a little more protection?

I only put a piece of plate back cause I wanted to keep the underside as flat as possible. You certainly can just cut a hole in it and leave it. I'll have to modify mine again as its just not big enough to let all the oil run out without it running down the plate.

I only put a piece of plate back cause I wanted to keep the underside as flat as possible. You certainly can just cut a hole in it and leave it. I'll have to modify mine again as its just not big enough to let all the oil run out without it running down the plate.

Yea sweet, well i have to change my transfer case over before i put the plates on, giving me grief when i put it in 4wd, there a horrible clunking coming from the transfer case so id say it is shot. So once thats dont ill get the plates all lined up and cut out a nice hole in one!

Loving you nav btw mate, hope mine will get close to your some day!!

I have been waiting on a dp chip, 3" exhaust and snorkel from 4wd systems in SA for easily a month now, every time i ring there is a different delay or they are waiting on something and they never ring me back when they say they will, over it! it is over 2 grands worth of stuff and im left in the lurch. Rang yeterday and the guy was like yep it will be there tomorrow, been sitting round all day and still no delivery! AAAHHH

sorry i just had to vent! lol

Ok so had the braided lines fitted. Just recieved ny new bilstiens for the front and a new steel bullbar.

So hoping this weekend ill have the following done

Steel Bar
Calmini Arms
Bilstien shocks
Tjm torsion bars.

All in finally. Steel bar, upper arms, bilstien shocks and Tjm bars.

What a totally new ride. No more wallowing from the front end keeps still and soaks the bumps up like they were never there. Still have to modify ironman bashplates again to suit the new steel bar and bash the other out straight again and reinstall.

Rusty

Dam!!!! I was hoping 2 3 weeks max. Ohh well gives me time to find new bearings and oil seals

Small update.

After dramas with drivers side braided line not fitting the replacement line got fitted today and wow what a difference. I only touch the pedal and you can feel it bite in and pull the car up. Also the quality Nissan cooler let go last week and I will be having a ARE Upgraded Intercooler fitted to replace the existing top mount. Hoping for some cooler egts and better performance from the 2.5 donk.

Rusty

When you say let go rusty, what exactly happened?

-Tyler

Hey Tyler.

The crimp fitting on the hot side inlet underneath has opened up allowing oil+air to escape. Which is spraying all the oil over the firewall and engine top. Not good. I heard it go after a squirt on the go pedal.

Rusty

Intercooler hopefully going on this thursday. Will keep people posted. This brissy heat has been pretty high and im seeing rather unusual egts. Plus i have a beach run this weekend and certainly dont want things going pear shaped

Rusty have you considered water injection to cool that hot air down

I have mate. After much research and discussion i think its to risky adding water to the system aswell. I may look at a misting kit for the spraying of the outside of the cooler.

Intercooler hopefully going on this thursday. Will keep people posted. This brissy heat has been pretty high and im seeing rather unusual egts. Plus i have a beach run this weekend and certainly dont want things going pear shaped

That's no good, but at least a very good excuse to get a good quality cooler in there.

What beach you hitting up, I'm hitting straddy for a few days from Friday with the jet ski in tow. I hope this weather keeps it up its been unreal.

-Tyler

That's no good, but at least a very good excuse to get a good quality cooler in there.

What beach you hitting up, I'm hitting straddy for a few days from Friday with the jet ski in tow. I hope this weather keeps it up its been unreal.

-Tyler

Will be hitting double island point starting friday. Itll be a good test for the new cooler to see how bad the heatsoak is.

Rusty

Latest posts

Back