SA Members list

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all, my names David and I'm currently down south in Hallett Cove.
Only recently discovered the joys of offroading, but I'm more than keen!!!
I recently picked up my new, all black 2006 D22 3.3L Petrol STR.
Got a Gitsham front bar with custom bash plate & lightforce spotties up front.
A set of BFG KVM2 mud boots on stock rims and a hard cover.
Inside I've got a Jensen DVD unit going in on Wednesday with some new splits and a Fusion amp tucked behind the rear seat and a UHF and aerials (ones for the mobile).

The ever growing wishlist looks a little like this;
snorkle
canopy
exhaust
2" lift
roof console
roof racks
winch

gday all, rick from salisbury east
green over silver 2.5 cr diesel dual cab 2008
if you see me around the north its usually with a big tandem trailer
happy driving fellas

hi shane and richard. hey fellas, maybe we should organise a day of offroading? ... i'm embaressed to say that i have never done any 4wding!

Last edited:
Hey Lambo, Welcome

Wow it seems that 06 is a popular year with SA NAVs :rock:

OK, f we were to have a off raod day, where would everyone wanna do it? Day trip off road sites are slim pickings around Adelaide.

hi shane and richard. hey fellas, maybe we should organise a day of offroading? ... i'm embaressed to say that i have never done any 4wding!

Excellent suggestion Jayk. Its never too late to start and there are some great places for a meet up. starting with the (relatively easy but close) Saunders Gorge thru to Lovedays or the sand dunes at Peake etc etc

Gus

G'day Guys,
Macca here from out Gawler way
silver 07 ST-X with hard lid and factory bullbar...
as for a day off road... that sounds pretty good to me... time to get back into it...
Been too many years..

Cheers
Macca

Gday all, Dan from Hallet Cove here.

I recently picked up a fairly mint D21 King Cab with a nice steel tray, new dark blue paint with cartoon boar decal on side with stripes(I think its been lifted a couple inch aswell). Looks sweet!

Put 16inch D22 alloys on it with big A/T tyres, Installed new interior LED light, woodgrain steering wheel, gear knob,drink holder, Clarion Headunit 50x4watt, kenwood 6inch spilts,kenwood 6x9's and solex locks.

Soon to come a new set of extractors,brand new webber carb with performance air filter and fix front right hub! Then she will be ready for offroad. Cant wait!

Edit: Will get some pics up soon on the members rides section.

Hey Lambo, Welcome

Wow it seems that 06 is a popular year with SA NAVs :rock:

OK, f we were to have a off raod day, where would everyone wanna do it? Day trip off road sites are slim pickings around Adelaide.

Sounds like a good idea. but your right about close spots to Adelaide, any more than a day trip might be hard to organise with everyone. i vote we start with a day trip first off, or even a half day run. something to cut our teeth on like Golf Links Rd @ Lobethal. short run close by, and the weather latley has been nice and wet for it.

Golf Links Rd - Lobethal - 4x4 Earth Australia for 4WD Tracks

Golf links rd is too short. 1/2 an hour and it's done both ways.
I vote for Saunders Gourge. I went and asked them about it on the last long weekend as I was passing it on the way to the River. You have to book and its $50 per car and it takes about 4 hours to do the track. The place was full of new Prado's, all doing a TOYOTA dealers drive day.

Saunders Gorge - 4x4 Earth Australia for 4WD Tracks

Last edited:
hey fellas and leonie. im kool most weekends. my only issue ... i have a lift kit on and a/t's, but i'm still waiting for my sahara bar (on order), and underbody protection and a snorkel gotta save for those 2. and ive never been 4wding before! Prob another month for those.

Paul here from Pennington
got a 2010 black D40 ST (only 5 days old)
mods : steel bullbar, black dynamik steelies and getting a snorkel in a week.

looking at lift kit soon

STR. hey all i live in quorn aswell. not sure who the other quornie is yet but will nut it out tommorrow there is only 1000 of us here.

hey fellas and leonie. im kool most weekends. my only issue ... i have a lift kit on and a/t's, but i'm still waiting for my sahara bar (on order), and underbody protection and a snorkel gotta save for those 2. and ive never been 4wding before! Prob another month for those.

Jayk, Saunders Gorge is not that hard going. A stocker can get around without any hassles. The idea of a day trip as a starting point is the way to go. We should suggest some dates (ideally when the weather is a little warmer) and make it happen. From there we can consider harder and/or overnight trips.

Gus

Latest posts

Back