Sack the glow worms!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iceman

Reaction score
Well since i got the Nav a couple of months ago i have only really needed to drive during the day. Today however i had to do a 500km trip in the dark. WTF??? Did Nissan forget to install the headlights? They are so shit i actuall stoped, got out and had to check they were even working. Low beam is really NO beam and high beam is wishfull thinking. Really this is just student grade engineering from Nissan. Then to add insult to injury the high beam warning lamp in the dash is brighter than a blue star AND it is right in your eyeline. So just spent the evening driving while blind and having my eyeballs frazzled by a blue lazer... If i gaffa taped a torch to the nudge bar it would be a huge improvement :(

So.... Bearing in mind i dont want to get a second mortage what can i do?
Are there upgrade bulbs out there that will make night into day?
Really want to get this sorted asap as i will be on the road alot this winter.
Any suggestions appreciated. Cheers :)

Two candles stuck on the roof with Elastoplast and you'll improve standard night vision by oh, 1000% or so. Make sure they're yellow or white candles, don't use blue ones!

Seriously, get a light bar. I've fitted one of these to my car and it's unbelievable.

You can get bulbs for $50-$80 online or in store.
Also some light bars are quite small and work wonders! I have two. A 40" and a 12" the small one is great for on road use ( no oncoming permitting) and it's small enough to blend in really well on the bar. Oh and at $85 bucks I couldn't say no!! uploadfromtaptalk1398680029156.jpg

I have Narva Intense globes in mine. Made a big difference and are ADR approved. I think they were around $70.00 from any auto parts store.

The standard lights arent great, but also make sure they are adjusted right. the 40 has an electric load adjustment, so you can point the lights down when your carrying heavy load. Just make sure they are pointing the right way first.

You can go to the trouble of replacing the bulbs with better ones, or a HID kit in there but its a bit easier and cheaper these days to just get a led bar.

as said before these things are great, try and get one with spot and spread beams, they seem to work better together in my experence. I only have a 20' bar on my d22 and its enough for me.

They light up everything nearby, but if your doing country druiving id still recomend a decent pencil beam spotlight. ill be looking into a set to complement the LED bar shortly.

my 2c

You can't use led bar on low beam though eh so ya still need good globes.

Last edited:
You can't use led bar on low beam though eh so ya still need good globes.

Your not wrong, i have however added 17 w flood led lights in the arb foglight housing, i run them day in day out With no complaints as yet.

if your after bulbs have a look here
http://www.powerbulbs.com/au/store/category/car-bulbs/fitting/h4-472

i have the phillips xtreme vision. they claim '100% more light' thats a load of rubbish BUT they are a shit tonne brighter then the standard ones, and at $50 give or take not a bad option!

I have Narva Plus 100 h4 globes in mine and as above not really 100% brighter but waaaaaaay better than standard and the big plus is they're not massive wattage so they don't destroy the polycarbonate lenses either.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back