Safari Dtronic chip zd30

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig09

Reaction score
Hey guys,am getting my ute ready to drive the east coast.not long ago when i got another engine put in coz my timeing chain snapped the mechanic said there was no chip or wires for a chip,anyway while pulling it apart to install things I was thinking to myself that there's no way I don't have a chip as it pulls like a champ and its not exactly stock.so I searched around a bit and found it hidden under my cigaret lighter plug behind the console.
To get to the point I want to know anyone who has this on there zd30 what there experience with them is,are they cheap shit or a qauility chip because if haveing it plugged in is risking doing something to the engine or fuel pump because its poorly designed ill be ripping it out and putting a chip it in.
Also can you tune them to incooler exhaust ect ect.
And one more thing there is 2 plugs, one big one that has the main wireing harness and one small (6 pin I think). With the smaller one I don't have anything plugged into it,am I meant to??
Cheers

i cant answer your questions but im sure someone will be along shortly. i have heard of Safari DTronic but dont know of there quality. But Bryce had a ChipIt unit in his zd30 with intercooler and exhaust and had it tuned and it moved better then a v6. i was quite surpprised when i test drove it as it had heaps more power then my chipped yd25.

hope someone answers your questions better

Yea I'd never even heard of them till today,not keen on haveing a cheap chip (if it is).id rather get rid of it and buy a chip it as they seem to be awsome from what I've heard.
Cheers

Pretty sure Shane has one and its great. So does someone else on here? Maybe cal cal?
I've drive. Shans car a few times and it drives great.

Hi Fella's

I have a Safari DTronic chip on my Navara was on it when I brought it.There should a decal with all the info about it on the control box which will also be under the console somewhere
You should know Charlie as you have driven it when it gets serviced

Shane

Last edited:
Hi Fella's

I have a Safari DTronic chip on my Navara was on it when I brought it.There should a decal with all the info about it on the control box which will also be under the console somewhere
You should know Charlie as you have driven it when it gets serviced

Shane

Ahh speak of the devil and he shall appear. Haha. Yeah mate I don't mind taking the old shagmobile for a spin. Before I had my own chipped atleast. ;)

Yea I'm really happy with how it drives so ill leave it,just wanted to make sure it wasn't a cheap chip that takes shortcuts to get the gain.
Shane I've got two unit that I can see,one is the silver slim line style square that has the name model serial number and what not then the wire Harness goes from that unit to a corner shaped one that is just plain duco colour with no writeing from what I can see of it (its hidden up in there pretty good.
So are they the only two units I should have,I'm gues that plug hole in the silver unit is for computer to tune or something?
Cheers

Yea I'm really happy with how it drives so ill leave it,just wanted to make sure it wasn't a cheap chip that takes shortcuts to get the gain.
Shane I've got two unit that I can see,one is the silver slim line style square that has the name model serial number and what not then the wire Harness goes from that unit to a corner shaped one that is just plain duco colour with no writeing from what I can see of it (its hidden up in there pretty good.
So are they the only two units I should have,I'm gues that plug hole in the silver unit is for computer to tune or something?
Cheers

Every chip on a ZD does the same thing. Some just have egt monitors that all. They only have one type of adjustment. Fuel.

The only down point I can think with the chip is since I've put it in I now only get around 500ks to a tank where before I was around the 700 mark.

But I guess with 33s and more fuel that's gona happen ay

Yea last time I looked I was getting around 12lph,which is about 600 for 80ltrs.how big is your tank?i will have to fill mine up on my road trip south and see what the full 120ltrs gets me.
I'm happy with 12 considering my turned and weight I'd say its very reasonable.
Does your unit have that 6 pin plug hole with nothing in it as well?

i have one of these chips...they make a heap of difference to the power,and i havent tried anything with the other smaller plug... i supose it was for some sort of adjustment..
i get about 600ks to a tank full with it..

When I was looking around for a D22, I drove a mates and thought it drove pretty well w/o any chip. I was then put onto the D22 that I ended up buying and when I drove that I couldn't believe the difference (ie: improvement) Speaking with the then owner, he told me it had a Ditronic Chip and that it was tuned up to a "max safe" limit which would give u the most performance but w/o compromising on the durability of the engine. I ended up buying it and had a look for where the chip was located..... which was in the same place as where u found yours..... Currently still running the std size tyres (255/70/16) and it goes really well and I get around 10>10.5ltrs/100kms.
Towing our van from a take-off on a slight incline is a different story but I would assume this would apply with or without a chip....

rob

Hey guys,am getting my ute ready to drive the east coast.not long ago when i got another engine put in coz my timeing chain snapped the mechanic said there was no chip or wires for a chip,anyway while pulling it apart to install things I was thinking to myself that there's no way I don't have a chip as it pulls like a champ and its not exactly stock.so I searched around a bit and found it hidden under my cigaret lighter plug behind the console.
To get to the point I want to know anyone who has this on there zd30 what there experience with them is,are they cheap shit or a qauility chip because if haveing it plugged in is risking doing something to the engine or fuel pump because its poorly designed ill be ripping it out and putting a chip it in.
Also can you tune them to incooler exhaust ect ect.
And one more thing there is 2 plugs, one big one that has the main wireing harness and one small (6 pin I think). With the smaller one I don't have anything plugged into it,am I meant to??
Cheers

I'm running one in my ZD30 with exhaust, EGR plate and butterfly and swirl mod....... Goes great (it has been in car since 2006). They are no longer manufactured, but when they were they cost about $1550, so not cheap! Just don't make the mistake I made, they produce plenty of extra torque and will pull easy in 5th gear at lower than normal speeds - possibly wearing 5th gear synchro without you feeling a thing.

Yeah that plug is for tuning. But no on can tune them anymore

Is that just due to that they have stopped makeing them or no one has the software?im curious as to what setting mine is on now.
Well cheers for the replys guys,was a bit worried that it was some random shit that no one has heard off haha.they sure weren't cheap when they came out.

I'm running one in my ZD30 with exhaust, EGR plate and butterfly and swirl mod....... Goes great (it has been in car since 2006). They are no longer manufactured, but when they were they cost about $1550, so not cheap! Just don't make the mistake I made, they produce plenty of extra torque and will pull easy in 5th gear at lower than normal speeds - possibly wearing 5th gear synchro without you feeling a thing.

My missus is really bad for that ay,she's always changing gear way too soon,gives me the shits.it doesn't help that the chip and the intercooler and soon exhaust only allows her to do it with even more room for error

Latest posts

Back