Sand dune flag??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digbyj

Reaction score
Hey Nav Men,
Former Nav owner/forum member here with a question I need some expertise on...
Hope you are all well!
I'm buying a roof bike rack and had this crazy idea to get a sand dune flag and stick it on the front of the car to remind me there's bikes on the roof.
Problem is I had a quick search and a flag is about $130!!
Has anyone made their own successfully or can recommend where to get a cheaper one?
Cheers, and god I miss my D22 :-(

Could make one out of an old fishing rod. I think i payed $80 or so for my sand flag from tjm, they have a few different ones

They are not cheap are they for what they are. I just made a flag up for my UHF antenna. Probably not high enough but better than nothing.

sneak into the local golf course and grab a flag. the 1-18 on it might be a bit of a give away where you you got it but

I was thinking the fishing rod idea too.
The conduit might be half a chance, and yeah I thought about the golf flag, used to work in a course and still work around them a bit.
Thing is it needs to be well connected to the vehicle and that's probably why they cost a bit with mounting brackets etc.

I use two bits of conduit - 1inside the other. Make it extendable with correctly placed holes and an R pin.

How about a bicycle safety flag, the tall version that attached to the back axle. You'd just need a similar sised bolt and wing nut to attach it. They are about 1.5 metres tall so they will not block your vision with the flag. Caveat, I haven't seen any around for a while, but I'm wearing out my stock of spares atm so I've not been into the bicycle shop in oohh a decade +.

How do people attach the conduit poles?

^ My bull bar has ladder rack tubes welded to it. By coincidence the old rear spring bushes fit both the conduit and the tubes.

Digging up this thread, was looking for a sand flag, stuff paying $100+ for them!

Bought a 12ft fishing rod from Kmart for $25, $1 bunnings safety flag and a roll of duct tape. Went to cashies first, they wanted $40 to $60 for a rod...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424935712.153610.jpg

Duct tape fixes all! Shook it from the top and didn't really budge

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424935757.326351.jpg

3m to the top of the photo. I made it 3.5m or so from the ground

That's also the awning I won from the muster last year :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back