Scanguage II

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't do everything and there are some people who have one who think it should do more. But one good reason for not incorporating a turbo timer is that in some states they are technically illegal but mainly because under most conditions they aren't needed.

in my job i can drive very long distances , i wont say tank to tank , but sometimes a tank in 2 stops , its not good to shut off a turbo engine after running 4 hours @ 100 ks in a second , as it is now ill get out and have a smoke and walk around for a few mins before i turn it off , point in mention this truck is 6 weeks old and done 15,000 ks , you get where iam coming from

So instead of shutting it off straight away slow down for the last 5ks of driving. if you're traveling in 80kph or less zones for the last part of the trip the engine will cool down anyway. So in answer to your question, no I don't get where you are coming from.

This thread shows how Krafty has changed throughout his time here at Navara.asia.
He starts off being quite polite and not even biting when (Super Admin) Dave suggests he likes playing with his gadget, then gradually digresses to the point he tells me his "client" likes sitting on fingers! WTF??
Anyway its not just a thread on the Scanguage II, its also a Krafty time line. :sarcastic:

Hi krafty. You wouldn't happen to know where the inlet temp reading is taken from would you. Is it inlet manifold temp or pre turbo from the air cleaner temp. I want to know how efficient my intercooler is and monitor the air temp at the inlet manifold and was wondering if that may be the temp the scangauge picked up.

Cheers.

No idea, never even used it.

Email the US supplier and ask them the question, the place it comes from is not exclusive to SG but they ought to know. Don't bother with the Aussie supplier last time he was quizzed on the technical side of the product he sold he didn't know the answers so go straight to the source I'm sure they will give you an answer.

Depends on the Navara. Not all OBDII readers read all OBDII ports and like with SG some scanners can't do all functions. But in general yes any OBDII scanner/reader will function on D40's, just some of the listed functions may not work.

No idea, never even used it.

Email the US supplier and ask them the question, the place it comes from is not exclusive to SG but they ought to know. Don't bother with the Aussie supplier last time he was quizzed on the technical side of the product he sold he didn't know the answers so go straight to the source I'm sure they will give you an answer.

Thanks mate. I was under the impression that the AU supplier new his stuff. I will hunt around and see what I can find out. I wasn't sure if you were using that feature.

Unless the business has changed hands recently the original aussie seller is exactly that a reseller, he only knows the very basics. There are other sellers popping up on ebay who may know more but the guys in the US who make it must know more than the lot of them.

Hi krafty. You wouldn't happen to know where the inlet temp reading is taken from would you. Is it inlet manifold temp or pre turbo from the air cleaner temp. I want to know how efficient my intercooler is and monitor the air temp at the inlet manifold and was wondering if that may be the temp the scangauge picked up.

Cheers.

The data is a PID in the OBD II information set, so any device that can query the OBD port and ask for information from a specific PID can get that info.

The air intake reading is taken from the MAFS (Mass Air Flow Sensor). This is sitting in the back of the air intake duct just outside the air filter box. It is something that should be cleaned now and again with electrical contact cleaner, but care should be taken with it - it's a $400 piece of equipment. It reports both air temperature and air flow in grams per second.

You'd need to put a temperature sensor on the outlet side of the intercooler and manually compare the figures. I'm sure there is an OBD PID for intercooler outlet temp, but I'm not sure the Nissan ECU understands it.

The data is a PID in the OBD II information set, so any device that can query the OBD port and ask for information from a specific PID can get that info.

The air intake reading is taken from the MAFS (Mass Air Flow Sensor). This is sitting in the back of the air intake duct just outside the air filter box. It is something that should be cleaned now and again with electrical contact cleaner, but care should be taken with it - it's a $400 piece of equipment. It reports both air temperature and air flow in grams per second.

You'd need to put a temperature sensor on the outlet side of the intercooler and manually compare the figures. I'm sure there is an OBD PID for intercooler outlet temp, but I'm not sure the Nissan ECU understands it.

Thanks for that. That is where I thought it would be measuring it from but wasn't sure if it was by some chance getting a temp reading somehow at the manifold. I do plan to put a temp gauge at the outlet side of the intercooler so once I do the chip and boost upgrade I can work on Better inter cooling (water air) to get temps back to as close to ambient as possible. Just good to know those temps I think.

Old.Tony. Just a question on the sensor I should use for measuring the air temp pre intercooler. I have a choice of a max 200deg c or a max 1000deg c. I'm not sure of the potential temps pre intercooled can get to. Sorry for changing the thread subject.

Pre turbocharged is going to peak at "less than coolant" temp. It's ambient temp heated by the air coming in through the radiator, so if the pre-turbocharger air temp ever exceeds 100C you're in a bit of trouble.

Pre-intercooled is different, could be anywhere from pre-turbocharged (as above) to 250-300C depending on pre-turbocharged temps plus boost level.

Thanks tony. Should have made it a bit clearer what I meant but you answered my question anyway. I was after the pre intercooled after the turbo. So I will be looking at the max 1000deg sender probe. Thanks for your help.

Just had my scangauge ii arrive for the D22. Cool piece of kit. I used to have an ECUtalk for my other Nissan 180SX. This seems a bit more advanced.

Is there an x-gauge coding for MAF airflow?

Ive got a 2014 D22 (last model before changing to the NP300) I've just bought the ODB2 Scanguage 2 (Australian model) and am receiving no data for fuel consumption in diesel a, I will try it in petrol mode and see if that makes a difference? I tried the Scanguage in my wife's Hyundai i30 and my Daughter's Suzuki Swift and it worked perfectly (without changing it from diesel a to petrol)

I did buy the Ultimate 9 scan guage and had the same issues..

Latest posts

Back