Scanguage II

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dammit I don't want you to act all happy just because of a thread, now sit in the corner and be a grouchy bastard, we'll feed you later!

I dont use LPH and I never see 0l/100 either as thats never going to happen unless your in angel gear with no engine.lol
I get as low a 2.Xl/100 when going downhill strong breeze and cruise on and just for thew record all the figures do tally up spot on

0lph represents that moment in time (every 3 seconds the SG takes a reading) where the fuel usage drops below 1lph and it's entirely possible but it wont last long.

The more you watch the lph readings the more you realise just how much a tiny movement of your own right foot effects the economy.

cheers everyone yeh i meant LHK mine will sit on 0 everytime i stop and it will stay on 0 if i am going down a 1km long hill im only on the second tank so hopefully it will correct itself at this stage the gauge is telling me i am averageing 6.5 LHK when i know i am getting around the 13LHK.Also does the kilometers to empty correct itself over time.

Make sure everything is set correct. Tank size will stuff up the LHK by varying amounts. Adjusting the error after the first tank, or alternatively not adjusting after the first tank will effect it. Fuel type will effect it. There is quite a number of things that will effect the average LHK.

Kilometers to empty, and economy figures should equal after time but if any setting is wrong the figures will always be wrong. Also make sure you are looking at the tank average and not the daily/trip average when you are looking overall economy. They shouldn't often be 7LHK different but there is often a difference.

If you ever feel bad about your economy put the setting on LPH. I always refer to LPH as litres per hundred through force of habit, but LPH on the SG is litres per hour and it can often be a lot more impressive than LHK.

I thought that once too and couldn't for the life of me figure out why the damn thing was reading in excess of 300LHK.

If you are unsure of anything just reset the thing back to factory defaults and start again. Surprisingly enough it's more accurate to set the thing right and ignore the "first tank" instructions that come with it than it is to stuff up even the tank capacity by 5 litres.

Well I thought I would dig up a very old topic. I see a few of the old time forum members were newbies at the time. Sooo very polite. :love sign:

Just wondering whether those with D40's who were initially happy with their ScanGauge 11, are still happy & would purchase one again after using them for a couple of years?

I sent the Aust distributor a message to confirm whether the current version is completely compatable with the (my) D40 although I am probably after an answer that they cannot provide.

It will be interesting to see if I get a response.

to add on to this question. Who of us who have a SC2 are going to send it back to be 'upgraded' At the $50 cost?

I've ignored all the updates for the past 3 years, can't see myself jumping for another update unless it's substantial which the past 3 or 4 haven't

i was having a read today, something about changing the board inside and possibly the buttons and screen depending on how old it is.
and something about a different interface now too...

I can't imagine they would do any more than update the firmware for $50. Maybe they have to replace the PCB to handle new stuff but $50 is about 1/4 of the cost of a new one, would seem strange they'd replace the main part for only 1/4 of the cost.

As for a different interface the interface is OBDII, they can't just change that.

This is from the website.... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349781757.071466.jpg

I just bought one off fleebay, So when will you be here for installation and demo Krafty??

Latest posts

Back